Network Switches conflicting?

Soldato
Hey,

I have my network as follows....

Sky Router - > Network Switch (then to devices) and one of the network switch ports feeds to another network switch port (that also feeds devices).

For some reason there appears to be a conflict. This has happened twice now in the year and it just appears to be random... the last time I fixed it by constantly plugging/unplugging cables in and somehow it fixed itself but that doesn't seem to have done the trick this time round.

It's almost like something randomly disconnects and then is conflicting with something. They're bog standard Netgear Gigabit switches (<1 year old). I'm just a bit confused and know its not my Sky Router because the wireless is working perfectly... there seems to be a wired ethernet conflict (all wired ethernet do not connect).

Any advice as to what I can do? Real confusing.

Associate
Are the switches managed, are they all on different IP addresses? Is DHCP turned off on all except the sky router ? (Assuming that’s your DHCP router)

have you any wired devices that may have a static IP on it , instead of DHCP and that’s conflicting with the sky/switches IPs

If switches are managed has it latest firmware on it? Same for sky router (sorry not with sky so don’t know if u can do this)

Soldato
OP
Do you have Sonos speakers?

Nope

Are the switches managed, are they all on different IP addresses? Is DHCP turned off on all except the sky router ? (Assuming that’s your DHCP router)

have you any wired devices that may have a static IP on it , instead of DHCP and that’s conflicting with the sky/switches IPs

If switches are managed has it latest firmware on it? Same for sky router (sorry not with sky so don’t know if u can do this)

Ahh thanks, had one device w/ static and removed it to dhcp and all working now. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom