• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2070 Super FE or AIB card?

Soldato
A friend of mine has built a new system and he just needs a GPU to finish. He was thinking of getting the 2070 Super FE direct from Nvidia. He was also considering EVGA and MSI cards, but, he said he couldn't see any point in paying extra for those cards over the FE one.

He is coming from a reference 290 so noise and temps are going to be better no matter which card he picks and are not a factor in his choice. He might do a little overclocking but, that's not a major factor either.

My question to you guys, outside of noise and temps, is there any reason to go for the more expensive AIB cards? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of performance difference between the most expensive cards and the cheaper ones. I read somewhere that the FE cards have better binned chips, not sure if that's true or not.

bru

bru

Soldato
My choice would be the Zotac £518 one, but only for the 5 year warranty, well worth the extra £30.

But other than the warranty, no there really isn't any reason to choose one card over the other, especially discounting noise and temps.

Soldato
OP
My choice would be the Zotac £518 one, but only for the 5 year warranty, well worth the extra £30.

But other than the warranty, no there really isn't any reason to choose one card over the other, especially discounting noise and temps.

Well, because We are in Ireland, that £518 becomes £531 and then you add delivery costs on top of that.

You can see why the FE model from Nvidia with free delivery becomes a lot more appealing.

Soldato
Well, because We are in Ireland, that £518 becomes £531 and then you add delivery costs on top of that.

You can see why the FE model from Nvidia with free delivery becomes a lot more appealing.
FE in that case although they appear to be out of stock at the moment. I thought the FE's were a bit cheaper a while back too.

Back
Top Bottom