Looking for advice on first build

Associate
OP
I've got 2x mp510 960gb drives.
But sabrent rocket is best bang/buck right now...so I'd go for that if I had to buy again right now.
Only downside is that RMA for sabrent is the USA, rather than EU for Corsair, and Glasgow for crucial.
Also need to register to get the full 5 year warranty (not that hard to do).

Just to confirm it is the above?

Thanks again Tamzzy, I`ll get it ordered up if so, then once here - transfer OS and Return the 512gb crucial.
Dean

Man of Honour
To be honest, I'd suggest you return both crucial drives lol. As you can no doubt see, the sabrent is cheaper than the 1tb crucial P1!

Associate
OP
To be honest, I'd suggest you return both crucial drives lol. As you can no doubt see, the sabrent is cheaper than the 1tb crucial P1!

ach! You've convinced me hahahah!

2 x 1TB Sabrent Rockets ordered. Also got a little USB 3.0 Hub free! Be here monday, so it'll be the job on monday of:
- Remove Secondary P1 NVME,
- Install Sabrent NVME 1TB(1) - Migrate Windows 10 install over.
- Clear P1 NVME which currently has windows install on, and remove.... Any best methods you'd recommend to make sure everything is clear?
- Re install Secondary P1 NVME. Transfer Files over to the Sabrent NVME 1TB(1).
- Clear Secondary P1 NVME and Remove.
- Install Sabrent NVME 1TB (2) - Transfer required files from Sabrent NVME 1TB (1) Over...

God this is just hassle. But I don't want to have to re-download all my games again and the ballache that was windows with me only having a MAC in the house prior.

So yeah, recommendations to ensure the P1 NVME's are completely clear of info before sending back? I've got til 21st Sept to send back so not too bad.

Associate
OP
Brilliant, thanks ya! you're a star!

Now, just to wait on Oribital to come back to me with optimal setup of the fans in the case.

To confirm, I've got the following:
1 x 120mm Phanteks Included Fan
2 x 140mm Be Quiet Silent Wings. (1 of these is currently still in its box!)
1 x 120mm Be Quiet Silent Wings.
2 x 140mm NXT Fans (Included witrh X62)

Temperatures do seem OK...though getting the optimal setup is always important to me.

Under benchmark testing or sustained gaming Graphics card = 70 degrees. CPU sits at around 61 under load (cinebench for example)

Soldato
Corsair is UK . Rep has mentioned this on here , specially when you look at their jobs, requires most tech support to know multiple EU languages and based in UK

Believe like their PSU and AIO, units are straight replaced from within the UK, say unlike Seasonic which does the same but from EU (though bad unit is sent to UK) . What becomes a massive pain for vendors if no Deal- Brexit happens it's it will cost them a lot for every unit being RMA going back and forth in custom charges (Gigabyte and Corsair don't really have this problem nor most for GPUs)

Associate
OP
Both P1 NVME's are now replaced and are being returned tomorrow, Sabrent Rocket 1TB x 2 installed in their place.

As you can see from the below, a massive difference in performance. Thank you for the suggestions. Sadly the drives are not compatable with the Userbenchmark.com website as its not listed on there.

1 - CrystalDiskMark6 on P1 1TB
1.png

2 - CrystalDiskMark6 on Sabrent 1TB (1)
2.png

3 - CrystalDiskMark6 on Sabrent 1TB (2)
3.png

Man of Honour
Both P1 NVME's are now replaced and are being returned tomorrow, Sabrent Rocket 1TB x 2 installed in their place.
As you can see from the below, a massive difference in performance.
Yeah the benchmarks sure look good :)
Though real life speed gains are minimal...
What's more important is the nand longevity that you get with tlc nand which is much higher than qlc nand

Back
Top Bottom