• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Playing with my 6850k

Associate
It's been a while since running things like orthos, prime etc and finding now my versions are donkeys years out of date or defunct.

What is the best thing now to test/stress your processor WHILE giving useful realtime info like core temps, clock speeds etc ?. I find myself looking at rivatuner/afterburner, windows task managaer (performance graph) or CPU-z to see processor clock speed, temperatures etc. Must be something better.

Also having issues with the latest rivatuner statistics server/MSI afterburner. I have a display of gpu/cpu temp and cpu clock speed yet can't screen shot Valley benchmark while displaying the info ? (missing from all screenshots). Ive tried most rivatuner server settings but the screenshots still miss the overlay ?!

A log of core frequencies and temps would be good to see after running prime 95 or Valley benchmark.

Thanks in advance

Soldato
HWiNFO is the best way to monitor pretty much everything. You can even combine it with RivaTuner to create an overlay showing any of the sensors that it monitors, though it's extremely clunky to set up.

As far as actual stress tests go, personally I find RealBench to be the best for CPU/memory testing. I don't use Prime95 or things like that any more. I don't need to know if my gaming system can survive 48 hours of Linpack so long as it's stable when I game on it. For graphics card testing I still find 3DMark Fire Strike to be extremely good at sniffing out unstable overclocks, along with the stress testing tools also in 3DMark for making sure they're performing correctly.

Soldato
It's been a while since running things like orthos, prime etc and finding now my versions are donkeys years out of date or defunct.

What is the best thing now to test/stress your processor WHILE giving useful realtime info like core temps, clock speeds etc ?. I find myself looking at rivatuner/afterburner, windows task managaer (performance graph) or CPU-z to see processor clock speed, temperatures etc. Must be something better.

Also having issues with the latest rivatuner statistics server/MSI afterburner. I have a display of gpu/cpu temp and cpu clock speed yet can't screen shot Valley benchmark while displaying the info ? (missing from all screenshots). Ive tried most rivatuner server settings but the screenshots still miss the overlay ?!

A log of core frequencies and temps would be good to see after running prime 95 or Valley benchmark.

Thanks in advance

best and quickest way to find cpu overclock is to use coretemp, hwinfo and cinebench20

for gpu overclock use timespy

for ram overclock use a usb key and memtest x86 then double check with superpi 32m

for overall stability test use realbench

Back
Top Bottom