Recommendations for headphones £50-£100?

Soldato
AKG makes some decent Bluetooth headphones. Y50BT can be had for £90. Not as good as similarly priced wired headphones, such as the K550, mentioned above. That's how it goes though; wired will always be better for any given price point.

The K550's have been discontinued though. I don't know if there is an updated version.

Beyerdynamic DT770 80 ohm are a good alternative for £100.

Soldato
I would recommend certain rainforest website and look for Philips Fidelio X2HR , from their warehouse deals can be had or £120 ish. Well worth it and better than all those recommended so far. Thy are easy to drive, shame really few months back they dropped the price by 50%.

Beyern dynamics dt 990 pro, 880 pro and 770pro are also very good and in your price range.

Senheisers outlet store have some bluetooth headphones the momentum, come with 2 year
warranty even though its outlet and practically brand new.

Sometimes you can find Sony 100xm2 or xm3 for about the £120-£150 mark is you shop around although they are not my preferred sound signature.

I would go wired if you can help it, much better sound quality. The only wireless headphones i found with amazing quality is the Beyerdynamic Amiron wireless but they are expensive but worth every penny however they are not for tracks with Bass, they are little Bass shy. Part of the reason is the bad clamping force, just not enough so loss of bass. You can buy pads that provide better fit.

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
AKG makes some decent Bluetooth headphones. Y50BT can be had for £90. Not as good as similarly priced wired headphones, such as the K550, mentioned above. That's how it goes though; wired will always be better for any given price point.

The K550's have been discontinued though. I don't know if there is an updated version.

Beyerdynamic DT770 80 ohm are a good alternative for £100.

Was thinking what madness is this and then googled it and you are 100% right. I was only in richer sounds few months ago buying a pair for 85 quid, guess that is why it was on special offer.

hopefully means a v4 or newer set due soon but so far AKG K550s have been my fav overall pair, they just get it all right for my ears and isolate very well.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Appears was wrong on the above, seems AKG are alive just transitioning staff and moving there engineers around so ignore.

Back
Top Bottom