• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
Screws normally come with the case - haven't had any with boards for a long time.

Got in touch with support regarding the usb c cable and they are shipping me one out - should be here within 4 or 5 days apparently. :)

Associate
What screws are you guys talking about? The board comes with the M2 screws, and you dont even need all of them because at least of the one of the screws which goes on the 1 slot is covered by the shield screw.

Associate
Installed it tonight so didn't had time to implement my tweaks. The only thing observed immediately is by default now the motherboard sets the ram to 3600Mhz instead of 2133.
However without having activated XMP profile, so the ram operates as 26/28/28 instead CL15

Boost clocks out of the box also the same, 4475Mhz with 1-2 cores hitting 4550.
1.7 with tweaking was boosting 4600 the first CCX as 12 core and 4750 as 6 core (Ryzen Master game mode).

I will tweak tomorrow the BIOS power settings to see how it would operate.

FYI for those interested. 1.7 saved bios settings do not work fully stable with 1.8 and at all with 2.0. Need set them by hand.

Ah, thanks for this. Looks like using a 1.70 profile caused my instability on 1.80. I updated to 2.00, redid the settings and I'm back to being stable at 1800MHz.

Also looks like AsRock removed the R1.06 version of the board with the rotated USB-C header from their website

Associate
I did notice the settings were not stable if imported from previous versions so now I enter them manually every time. The problem I had with 2.00 is that the CPU never went idle, it would always stay above 1.4v.

Soldato
I did notice the settings were not stable if imported from previous versions so now I enter them manually every time. The problem I had with 2.00 is that the CPU never went idle, it would always stay above 1.4v.

Check your Windows Power Profile. Regardless which one you use, set the min CPU to 1-5%.
It will go down at low as 0.2v at 1800Mhz when watching videos (without GPU acceleration also!), listening to music and talking to people on discord all at the same time also :D

Associate
Check your Windows Power Profile. Regardless which one you use, set the min CPU to 1-5%.
It will go down at low as 0.2v at 1800Mhz when watching videos (without GPU acceleration also!), listening to music and talking to people on discord all at the same time also :D
That was not the issue because its only with that BIOS version that happened. I use Ryzen balanced with the minimum at 90% to go down to 34XXMhz and 0.9XXv when the cores are not "sleeping". It works perfectly fine in all BIOS versions, but that 2.00 it did not want to go down, I even changed it to 1% when I had it on and it would still stay above 1.4v.

Its pointless in my opinion going lower with Zen 2 because they dont work like Intel where it lowers the clock/voltage when not in use, these cores "sleep" which means they are not running at all during idle. Even at 99% they wake up, do X task, and go back to sleep. I just dont think it needs 99% for light load stuff so I lowered it a bit. At 1-5% you are defeating the purpose of Zen 2 and its Core Parking technology while lowering the performance of the PC.

Last edited:
Soldato
That was not the issue because its only with that BIOS version that happened. I use Ryzen balanced with the minimum at 90% to go down to 34XXMhz and 0.9XXv when the cores are not "sleeping". It works perfectly fine in all BIOS versions, but that 2.00 it did not want to go down, I even changed it to 1% when I had it on and it would still stay above 1.4v.

Its pointless in my opinion going lower with Zen 2 because they dont work like Intel where it lowers the clock/voltage when not in use, these cores "sleep" which means they are not running at all during idle. Even at 99% they wake up, do X task, and go back to sleep. I just dont think it needs 99% for light load stuff so I lowered it a bit. At 1-5% you are defeating the purpose of Zen 2 and its Core Parking technology while lowering the performance of the PC.

It doesn't lower the perf of the PC, as I have tested it with CB20 thoroughly and games also. Even 1-2 core demanding ones like ESO.

Soldato
are the new taichi boards coming with the T shape usb header thing?

Even if they don't, ASRock are sending them out for free. I emailed them at [email protected] with a copy of my sales invoice, asking if they could send me one on September 2nd, they responded on the 4th and it was delivered on the 6th. As inconvenient as it was, I am very impressed with their attempts at fixing it.

Soldato
What screws are you guys talking about? The board comes with the M2 screws, and you dont even need all of them because at least of the one of the screws which goes on the 1 slot is covered by the shield screw.

He's probably talking about the screws that hold the motherboard onto the case - yeah which come with the case.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok, i will wait for 2.10 or whatever it is. thanks. Wish Asrock was forthcoming about what Agesa each BIOS uses. don't know why they don't make this public knowledge.

2.0 has been out about 2 weeks now, the new AGESA is upto 3 weeks away, so i'd assume we'll get 2.10 or something for the new BIOS. Just checked and there is nothing there yet

Associate
Received my USB adapter cable from asrock yesterday. It's a short extension lead with a right angled connector on board end. Might take a pic later if anybody is curious. :)

I don't think it would cost much to include it with new boards until they revise it.

Associate
On Bios v2.0 with PBO disabled. Had HWInfo running for a while and three cores peaked at 4.4ghz on my 3700x. I'm using a TRUE 120 cooler now though instead of stock cooler which may have made some difference.

Will be interesting to see how things go with the the ABBA fixes.

Back
Top Bottom