How long have you been with the same network?

Soldato
Been with bt mobile about 5 years (uses ee masts) . Before that been with pretty much every provider over last 15 years.

Getting 10gb for £10/month after haggling with them on the phone. Mrs getting the same.

Hitman
Soldato
Been with Three for almost 5 years on the same sim-only plan which gives me unlimited data at £15/mo. Typically use 5-15GB/mo, but I like having the European roaming (for the once or twice a year we use it), unlimited data for tethering (of which I rarely use), and the recent 5G news for when it actually rolls out and I've got an appropriate device. I'm pretty happy with what I pay - some nice to haves on the plan just in case.

Permabanned
Any good sim only deals around? 12-month contract is up with Three but struggling to see any good deals, everything is £20-22 for 12 months, rip off.

Soldato
Currently at the end of my Virgin 12 monthly sim contract, pay £20.48 and i get 300GB ,5000 mins unlimited texts.

Rang them yesterday to leave, mentioned the three unlimited data £20 deal, the indian woman wasn't bothered at all, gave me my pac code.

She did offer me unlimited data etc for £32 a month, if she had said £20 id have snapped her hand off.

Thinking about ditching the land line broadband and using mobile, get between 30-50 mb on mobile. 13 on fttc.

Soldato
I've had this same number for about 10 years now but I've changed provider several times.

I got the number with an iPhone 3G when they released on O2
I switched from O2 to Three when the iPhone 5 came out and went on an unlimited data plan.
I had that plan rolling over until I joined EE in January on a 12 month rolling contract £20/25GB

I'll move again if I find better deals in January

Soldato
I've been with Three for years, and they're just putting my price up to £20 pm for unlimited calls and texts and 30 gb data. I sometimes get close to that data allowance but have never exceeded it. The thing I value most about Three is their roaming, as I travel a reasonable amount (Europe).

Does anyone have any suggestions on a better offer?

I couldn’t find anything better away from Three in the end.

I had to phone Three in the end, as the upgrade options on the website were worse for my plan compared to new customers. Ended up with a 12 month contract with 6 months at £10 then 6 months at £20 with unlimited data, texts and minutes.

The customer service from Three was much better than the last time I called, which was a pleasant surprise.

Associate
Currently at the end of my Virgin 12 monthly sim contract, pay £20.48 and i get 300GB ,5000 mins unlimited texts.

Rang them yesterday to leave, mentioned the three unlimited data £20 deal, the indian woman wasn't bothered at all, gave me my pac code.

She did offer me unlimited data etc for £32 a month, if she had said £20 id have snapped her hand off.

Thinking about ditching the land line broadband and using mobile, get between 30-50 mb on mobile. 13 on fttc.

Still looking for cheap home broadband three uk doing £16 unlimited data with free router just enter any payandgo number on the checkout page. http://www.three.co.uk/existing-customer-offers/mobile-broadband#?type=MiFi™ and Dongle

Soldato
I'm really regretting my choice of Vodafone. The speeds are terrible. Luckily I have a dual SIM phone so can use another network for data.

Really considering this is just a glorified business number it is a bit pricey.

Associate
The speeds on Three in Manchetser are not exactly good, but in terms of value I can't find anything remotely close to my current deal of £10/pm for unlimited data (many years of haggling down a bit regularly, sim only of course). Typically using 25-35gb a month too.

Associate
Well I switched to O2.

Contacted Three before the move and said the speeds were rubbish. Did a speed test and 0.2 mbps with full 4G. After contacting them I was getting 20 mbps in same location. Unfortunately that only lasted 24 hours.

Man of Honour
Been with ID Mobile for a couple of months, just ordered a Smarty SIM £10 for 8gb and unlimited mins/txts.
They'll give me £1.25 for every unused GB at the end of each month so will work out cheaper p/m than ID plus I got £20 for signing up through my works benefits scheme.

Associate
GiffGaff for over 2 years. 10 pounds, unlimited texts and minutes and 6GB.
The only one I would refuse to use is Three. Faulty phone, unable to sort it out. Spent more time dealing with them, and telling the same thing over and over again... hundreds if not thousands of minutes of my life that I won't have back.

Associate
It must be about 23 years that i have been with Vodafone! I still have the same phone number and my first phone was a Motorola Micro Tak (nothing "micro" about it was it was massive) with a pull up aerial and the sim card was the size of a credit card! I do look every couple of years when i am about to end my contract but usually end up getting a decent deal with vodafone. Currently getting unlimited/unlimeted/40Gb for £20.

Back
Top Bottom