The England Cricket Thread

Associate
93/5

AT LEAST MAKE A ****ING EFFORT.

Ohh behave yourself. How exactly have England "Not made an effort"? They've lost 5 wickets in 47 overs, none of which have been through bad choice selection. In Sports you can't always win, we went down under at the start of the decade and were far better than the Aussies, now the Aussies are ending the decade by returning the favour.

Soldato
Ohh behave yourself. How exactly have England "Not made an effort"? They've lost 5 wickets in 47 overs, none of which have been through bad choice selection.

Not quite sure what you're watching, but frankly England have been quite abysmal over the last few tests.

Some of the batsmen have had a few good spells but are then let down by their teammates scoring single figure runs, or even plenty of ducks.

Associate
Not quite sure what you're watching, but frankly England have been quite abysmal over the last few tests.

Some of the batsmen have had a few good spells but are then let down by their teammates scoring single figure runs, or even plenty of ducks.

Read what I said. I didn't say that England have played amazingly, I questioned how you can say they aren't trying. If they weren't trying they'd be all out already. You're judging the output which is Australia winning, and assuming that England are therefore not trying and/or are awful at cricket.

Nobody in this innings has got out playing bad shots, the problem is that the Aussie bowlers are very, VERY good and England haven't been able to execute their shots well enough to compete with that class. That's a result of Australia being better than us, not a lack of effort. There's a reason why Cummins is the number one ranked bowler in the world.

As I said in the post you quoted, when England went to Australia in 2010/11 they out batted and out bowled the Aussies. The nature of sport is that you won't always be on top, right now the Aussies have got the better team (Imagine having such a good bowling line up that someone like Starc doesn't play the first three tests...). England are scrapping to keep themselves in the game against a better team so stop this nonsense about them not trying.

Soldato

Like the Aussies really. Smith covering a lot of cracks in that batting line up.

Caporegime
Why don't Australia have loads of slips?
My best guess is that they believe they've got a great chance of catching in the other positions too.

It's brutal on the tail enders when it comes down to this. They're not batsmen but they have the pressure of knowing the nation is watching with The Ashes teetering on the brink.

Back
Top Bottom