*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Just replaced the internal hard drive for a 1tb ssd. Speedy. Just thought I'd share. Took couple hours. Dashboard more responsive and games loading faster. Warranty is gone anyway so.......

Soldato
Just replaced the internal hard drive for a 1tb ssd. Speedy. Just thought I'd share. Took couple hours. Dashboard more responsive and games loading faster. Warranty is gone anyway so.......

What drive did you go with? I've been wondering whether replacing the internal with ssd would improve console rather than just games like an external drive would.

Associate
Cheapo one from a place that has something in common with trees. TCSUNBOW it's made by, got good reviews and was/is cheap and no, i've never heard of them either. Took about 2 hours including watching the tutorial. Had no issues or errors. Dash is a bit snappier and games def load quicker, I'd probably even say a tad quicker than using external SSD which I was doing (a 120gb Samsung just for kicks see what Pubg was like). Updates fly when they're installing. Suppose it's down to personal choice.

Once the drive is all partitioned and the dash and what not is installed you end up with something like 730ish gb for game storage.

Associate
Would an Xbox one x take a 2tb firecudda sshd?

Yes. I followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xYQQicXdU0 as this is the guy who wrote the script for partioning the drive so the Xbox can read it. There are other tutorials from this guy but I just replaced my drive and redownloaded my games. In the video he uses a One S I think but it's the same procedure for all. Obviously the X comes comes apart differently than a One or S.

The actual full forum post is in the GBATemp forums

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks I’ll watch that and look it up, going to give it a try since my warranty is also up! Fit all my games on at once and boost performance. Got that HD spare from a build.

Associate
What's normal fan behaviour for the one x? I bought a brand new one yesterday, the fan is constantly changing RPM and you can easily hear this. It seems to be acting like it has a crazy fan curve. The last X I had didn't do this and it kept a consistent fan speed, wondering what's going on

After I sold my Std console and replaced with the One X I noticed a fan noise. It's not OTT but noticable. Probably because of the unit I have it on.

It's not overly loud but more obtrusive than the std unit especially when I have a 4k game on.

Man of Honour
Just started playing the Outer Wilds via game pass. Frame rate is utterly naff?? What the heck... feels like I’m playing it on a pc that can barely play it. Anyone else had this? Reinstall recommended? It’s not unplayable but it’s a bit choppy.

Soldato
Hey guys, not an Xbox user myself but the Mrs is.

She has her own Xbox One in the living room and daughter has her own in bedroom. Mrs has set it up so that she has Gold and pays for it on her Xbox but daughter also has access to the gold.

Is there a way to do the same with Game pass? Mrs has the standard gamepass not ultimate.

Back
Top Bottom