Plus Net

NE5

NE5

Associate
Hello....my current BT contract expires in 5 weeks, I've been intending to give it up and move, so that time is now here.

I have had this contract for about 8 years, and just renewed it every year, its capped at 15GB, and after I paid the line rental in advance for 12 months has only been 8 quid a month.

This has been fine up until now.

Now I want to watch streamed football etc, using some sort of fire stick or whatever (my mate has one and I want the same) plus I often run my limit close.

Will the basic plus net package do me to watch live TV (streamed or otherwise) or will I need a faster package ? I unfortunately realise I need the phone line even though I NEVER use it.

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/

Associate
Capped at 15GB per month?! I would assume this is just for very light browsing/email?

If so, the cheapest most basic ADSL/ADSL2+ package would be the only sensible recommendation as bandwidth isn't a priority.

Shawrey

NE5

NE5

Associate
OP
Capped at 15GB per month?! I would assume this is just for very light browsing/email?

If so, the cheapest most basic ADSL/ADSL2+ package would be the only sensible recommendation as bandwidth isn't a priority.

Shawrey

I suppose it has been. I've never wanted netflix, downloaded films etc etc so just decided now I want to watch a bit of football and remove my cap at the same time so I can do a bit more.

Soldato
As above Quidco/TCB and Sky/Plusnet/BT tend to be the better options, just go with whoever has the best overall deal available.

Soldato
30 days notice is the usual but that is done automatically when you sign up with a new provider as the LCP (losing communications provider) is made aware by the carrier the line is leaving.
Simply place the order with the new provider and you're golden. Standard lead times on migration are normally about 5 days upwards to 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom