Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I've actually been looking at the Lexus LS460 lately (admittedly a newer one 10-12 plate), Want to try a V8 car next and I think a comfy reliable Lexus fits the bill, Need a job where i'm not doing mega miles though so it'll always be a pipe dream until then.

Soldato
Some more photos of the M2. Thought the sunset was nice so pulled over for some photos. The colour really pops.

48700291512_465d8a94fd_h.jpg

48700291217_43a87c27f9_h.jpg

48700117726_4927c981f5_h.jpg

48700292062_e68283e8b7_h.jpg

Soldato
Not a lot, I preferred the look of this to the X3.
Good a reason as any.

I agree there's m badges galore but I don't really notice them so I'm not too fussed.
I got an X1 Xdrive20D (I think that's what it was called) as a rental in Norway last weekend, it was plastered in //M badges, it really does mean nothing to them now, right?

It had an 8sp auto, is it the ZF8? Because the shifting was awful, harsh jolt on every upshift. My last trip up there I had a Volvo V60 T8 R-design, it had the ZF8 but was good, very much liked it, good fast luxobarge, no tiptronic mode though. :-/ If I was in the market for a PHEV it would be top of the shortlist.

That said, I wasn't in the market for a PHEV. My new ride:
N2HIzVk.jpg

Soldato
I got an X1 Xdrive20D (I think that's what it was called) as a rental in Norway last weekend, it was plastered in //M badges, it really does mean nothing to them now, right?

It had an 8sp auto, is it the ZF8? Because the shifting was awful, harsh jolt on every upshift. My last trip up there I had a Volvo V60 T8 R-design, it had the ZF8 but was good, very much liked it, good fast luxobarge, no tiptronic mode though. :-/ If I was in the market for a PHEV it would be top of the shortlist.

I think the M designation has just become marketing material sadly. Friend of mine has a 116d 1-series BM and it has M badges all over it. Yes, a 1.5 litre diesel 1 series. :p

I think its the ZF8, but mine is faultless - no jolting at all.

---------

Nearly a week on from purchase and still loving it, also had a few compliments... ;) (No they were not visually impaired).

Soldato
Good a reason as any.

That said, I wasn't in the market for a PHEV. My new ride:

It won't be the ZF8 as the F48 has a transverse engine and is FWD and that gearbox is only suitable for RWD applications. It will have the Aisin 8sp unit as used on the other BMWs that use this platform.

Soldato
It won't be the ZF8 as the F48 has a transverse engine and is FWD and that gearbox is only suitable for RWD applications. It will have the Aisin 8sp unit as used on the other BMWs that use this platform.

Good knowledge, that explains the crap gearbox. And the X3/X4 is still longitudinal so will be the ZF8?

Edit: Volvo V60 T8 on the same gearbox actually, I didn't notice any jolting there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom