Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Yeah the TV is wasted on me, I’d rather had another unlimited SIM and no TV.

I’m ok with paying a premium for a premium product, most othe the time I get closer to
600Mbps than 500Mbps.

Associate
As above, I ran a Ubiquiti Nano-hd with a superhub 3. I installed it on the landing ceiling and the WiFi signal through the house was great.

Soldato
In idiot terms what the difference between the Nano-hd and the Ac lite?

One is 2-chain with a 3dBi antenna and a maximum theoretical throughput of 833Mbps and the other is a 4-chain wave2 device with a 9dBi antenna and a maximum theoretical throughput of over 2Gbps. The wave2 device supports simultaneous client connections on single or combined chains. The AP-AC-Lite only supports once client at a time.

Soldato
One is 2-chain with a 3dBi antenna and a maximum theoretical throughput of 833Mbps and the other is a 4-chain wave2 device with a 9dBi antenna and a maximum theoretical throughput of over 2Gbps. The wave2 device supports simultaneous client connections on single or combined chains. The AP-AC-Lite only supports once client at a time.

Cheers Buddy , that explains why the Nano is twice the price. :)

Soldato
It’s more than twice the access point. It’s a very, very, capable device indeed. Only the AP-AC-(S)HD is better. For domestic installs have a look at the AP-AC-IW HD which is the Ap-AC-HD Nano in a wall-mountable box with a 4-port gigabit Switch and PoE passthrough on port 1.

Associate
Just a reminder, I work for VM and can get you a great deal as I've done for a few on here using my staff rate, I get a small kickback and you will save a lot :) It is for new customers only, if your interested let me know.
Thanks
Dean

I'm thinking about giving VM another try - I can't figure out how to PM (don't know if it's post count related or something?) and I couldn't use the conversation thing. Dean0, would you mind dropping me a line?

Back
Top Bottom