• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's Version of ShadowPlay

Associate
Currently running a 1070, waiting for 3 series but thought i might possibly look at 5700XT but I use shadowplay a lot and wondered if AMD's version (I think its called Relive?) is as good and whether it takes the same GPU resources etc?

Associate
AMD Even sorted the drivers out yet ?
last time I read the drivers where bad, lots of trouble, I can't even think about how the Software side be
I own a GTX 1070 & use shadow play/screen capture, lots of features ,
I know the drivers & software updates service will not be as good as Nvidia.

Soldato
last time I read the drivers where bad, lots of trouble, I can't even think about how the Software side be
Coming from an NV user-what a lot of pish!

Soldato

Lol

Nothing else to say.

Associate
I ask as Well when the reviews went up on the 5700/XT there was trouble with the drivers
Wonder if they sorted out the trouble.
I used AMD GPUs in the past & 2400G GPU

Last edited:
Soldato
I ask as Well when the reviews went up on the 5700/XT there was trouble with the drivers
Wonder if they sorted out the trouble.

What trouble? Only issue I recall was the overclocking wasn't working correctly that was fixed in the next driver release.

Amds drivers are feature rich and least for me bug free at this moment.

Am I saying they perfect not a chance and the same for nvidia they both from time to time will have issues.

What sets amd apart from Nvidia is its UI is easy on top and it's features all in one package and light weight.

No installing second software that is proven to call home and email sign up lol

If I was an Nvidia user I would be banging on the driver door for improvements before question AMDs driver/software.

Associate
What trouble? Only issue I recall was the overclocking wasn't working correctly that was fixed in the next driver release.

Amds drivers are feature rich and least for me bug free at this moment.

Am I saying they perfect not a chance and the same for nvidia they both from time to time will have issues.

What sets amd apart from Nvidia is its UI is easy on top and it's features all in one package and light weight.

No installing second software that is proven to call home and email sign up lol

If I was an Nvidia user I would be banging on the driver door for improvements before question AMDs driver/software.

That's answers i wanted , as i am looking into the 5700xt for a near future upgrade :)

Soldato
AMD's recording software is good but not as good as Shadowplay from my own experience, Quite often when recording I would get lower than set bitrate, FPS wasn't quite 60, Picture quality did look a little washed out and sometimes it would just stop working and/or record a green screen for whatever reason,

When it works it's great but if you want stability for recording then I'd recommend Nvidia over AMD... for now, As for general drivers, They are ace, Nvidia need to take a page out of AMD's book for the sheer amount of features and UI improvements AMD introduce every few months.

Soldato
AMD's recording software is good but not as good as Shadowplay from my own experience, Quite often when recording I would get lower than set bitrate, FPS wasn't quite 60, Picture quality did look a little washed out and sometimes it would just stop working and/or record a green screen for whatever reason,

When it works it's great but if you want stability for recording then I'd recommend Nvidia over AMD... for now, As for general drivers, They are ace, Nvidia need to take a page out of AMD's book for the sheer amount of features and UI improvements AMD introduce every few months.

How many years ago you tried it? Because given that you have a 1080Ti FE you haven't used it at least the last 2 1/2 years. And not with a card that has the grunt power of a Vega 64 or better.

Soldato

I remember you reporting this issue on the amd driver thread I can honestly say I not ran into this issue I record to a barracuda hard drive.

Soldato
does relive do that thing shadow play does where it auto clips kills/deaths in games such as pubg? never bothered with relive as in the past it didn't appear to have that feature

Man of Honour
I remember you reporting this issue on the amd driver thread I can honestly say I not ran into this issue I record to a barracuda hard drive.

I don't have any experience with Relive and the latest AMD GPUs but it seemed to reduce capture quality on the fly to reduce the performance impact (kind of like MSI Afterburner capture does) in some situations (which is sometimes desirable but not always) while Shadowplay would hold quality but at the expense of approx. double the performance impact.

Back
Top Bottom