*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
lol i think i will not bother playing more, beat up ganon the other night and that is good enough for me plus went about getting loads of hidden stuff and exploring, probably spent about 90 hours or more :)

back to fire emblem it is and ill let my dad have a go of the zelda cart we went havvers on at the start of the year lol :)

playing fire emblem in casual and im enjoying it, ill try classic on my next play through :)

drunken edit : rive is fun but solid and on sale.

Classic is the only way to play Fire Emblem, trying to keep everyone alive is the challenge. I am loving Fire Emblem

Associate
I have way too much to play already but a friend is sending me Astral Chain once he's finished it and I can't wait. The Switch has had another good year and we still have a couple of big games to come, I personally am the most excited for Animal Crossing though, I use to love playing that for an hour or so a day. I'm a massive Pokemon fan too but the more I see of Sword and Shield the more hope I lose. What are the games you guys are the most hyped for?

Soldato
I have way too much to play already but a friend is sending me Astral Chain once he's finished it and I can't wait. The Switch has had another good year and we still have a couple of big games to come, I personally am the most excited for Animal Crossing though, I use to love playing that for an hour or so a day. I'm a massive Pokemon fan too but the more I see of Sword and Shield the more hope I lose. What are the games you guys are the most hyped for?

The games coming out now/soon are incredible. Divinity, Fire Emblem, Pokémon, Links Awakening, Ori,H Moon, Risk of Rain2, Astral Chain, NiNo Kuni. All massive games which I'm excited for, no idea how to fit them all in

Associate
Yeah I feel the same, I keep buying but not playing. I built my first pc in May so have been concentrating on PC a lot recently, I still have loads to play on PS4/Wii U, PS3, Vita and 3DS but sometimes you just have to admit to yourself that you aren't going to play some things.

Associate
Tell me about it, my backlog across all platforms is stupid and I still want to get astral chain. Zelda and Luigi mansion will be day 1s for me tho. I'm really looking forward to astral chain as well and also gears 5 (not switch I know) having a switch and game pass pc causes loads of issues haha

Associate
Yeah I'm loving Gears 5 so far but it helps that I've been a fan since the 1st, I didn't even mind Judgement and I'm excited for that XCOM style Gears game they are working on. Same with me man I have Zelda Collector's Eedition on pre order and also getting Luigi's Mansion day 1, a friend is giving me Astral Chain which is nice but just means even less of an excuse not to play haha. I was really hyped up for Borderlands 3 but following a few little things and the the implementation of Denuvo I'm going to swerve it for now I think. Tbh I'm just glad Sony's releases have died down a bit because this year has been mental again.

Soldato
Anyone else going to be picking up Untitled Goose Game on the 20th, played it quickly at EGX last year and being following it since....looks utterly genius

Apparently going to be on a release day special price of £11-12 too which is nice :)

Associate
Jesus, I put 10 hours into Astral Chain this weekend without realising it :eek:
Gotta pump those numbers up rookie:D:p I haven't played astral chains much if I'm honest I've been to addicted to divinity on my pc and slightly regret getting astral chains instead of divinity on the switch just so I can take it with me and carry on from my save

Associate
I didn't know goose game was at EGX? Was it at rezzed? I'm looking forward to the one in October.

Rust in Peace - I was also going to get borderlands 3 but am skipping it now. I'm a fan of gears as well so looking forward to it, I only have game pass pc so need to wait a couple more days :( isnt death stranding soon as well?

I've just finished ori at the weekend, for anyone who's not had a chance to play it I reccomend you pick it up when it comes out on Switch especially if you are fan of metroidvania type games

PayDay Lover
Associate
Been playing a bit of Super Metroid this morning. Love it so far. The SNES has so many good games for it compared to the NES. I have already spent more time on the SNES app than I ever did on the NES app so... 40 minutes so far.

Was just saying to a friend earlier that the SNES was the era of the big change for consoles - going from a two button set up to the 4+trigger buttons opened up gameplay big time...essentially console controllers haven't really changed from that principle set up since (I think Sega had gone big with its 6 buttons on the face of the controller, but it just didn't fly long term)

Back
Top Bottom