**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Well, aside we're in Beta, so I doubt it will go backwards to an Alpha release :p no, nothing amazing. Gestures are more usable for me is the main thing. I quite like it asks me 'Facebook just used your location in the background, do you want it to do this, or only when the app is open?'. Shut down a few apps now from that.

Soldato
The samsung galaxy watch app doesn't work now I have upgraded to 10. Can't say I've noticed anything ground breaking.
The age old UI bugs are still present, but I did not expect OP to have fixed them anyway.

Gestures are much better though. I was worried about them removing the 2-button system as it was the only one I liked, but now the ful gestures are miles better than they were in 9.

OP hasn't done a great job with Dark mode though. It looks naff! They need to embrace it and stick to googles guidelines. I've switched back to the light theme now.

Soldato
Well, aside we're in Beta, so I doubt it will go backwards to an Alpha release :p no, nothing amazing. Gestures are more usable for me is the main thing. I quite like it asks me 'Facebook just used your location in the background, do you want it to do this, or only when the app is open?'. Shut down a few apps now from that.

I get those GPS notifications without running the beta. I've disabled a few apps ability to access it in the background.

Soldato
I tried the beta but went back to the original os as camera flash didn't work. I only got the phone a few days ago so downgrading was easy. Will wait a while for the proper release.

Soldato
Sorry if people have asked already, which im sure they have, Just got an xperia 1, couldn't get on with its lanky 6" 2 supermodel form, so sent it back.
Looking at either the OP7 pro , the s10+ or s10e or huwaweieieie p30 pro, anyone have any insight into why the Oneplus is the one for the job?

Soldato
Sorry if people have asked already, which im sure they have, Just got an xperia 1, couldn't get on with its lanky 6" 2 supermodel form, so sent it back.
Looking at either the OP7 pro , the s10+ or s10e or huwaweieieie p30 pro, anyone have any insight into why the Oneplus is the one for the job?

Easy. It has no Samsung bloat on it.

Soldato

OxygenOS. It's the best version of Android out there.

Soldato
It is and it isn't (for me). When I had my 6t I enjoyed the streamlined 'less is more' with OxygenOS and yes it ran like a scalded cat. However since going back to Samsung with the S10e I have to say Sammy have really upper their game with OneUI. There are a lot of features, some useful some not so much for certain individuals, but you definitely get a good feature set.

Soldato
It is and it isn't (for me). When I had my 6t I enjoyed the streamlined 'less is more' with OxygenOS and yes it ran like a scalded cat. However since going back to Samsung with the S10e I have to say Sammy have really upper their game with OneUI. There are a lot of features, some useful some not so much for certain individuals, but you definitely get a good feature set.

Such as. I'm genuinely interested. I like my S3 but the doubling up of apps was ridiculous.

Thanks guys, but what about the actual phone, ease of use, camera quality, speed of processor etc?

It's as easy to use as every other phone though why would it be difficult to use.
Phone is not my territory it barely gets used as no phone camera is good enough for me.
Speed is fast the bloat free OS helps here. Phones have been plenty fast enough for years now anyway.

Soldato
Such as. I'm genuinely interested. I like my S3 but the doubling up of apps was ridiculous
I moved away from Samsung after the S6 for many reasons, all software related and yes doubling up of apps was high on the list.
I just posted over on the S10 thread how straightforward it is to get round that now. Many of the duplicate apps can be uninstalled/disabled. Those that can't can be hidden by the UI so you'd be none the wiser they were even there - the same as OxygenOS if memory serves.

Back
Top Bottom