Dave chappelle: Sticks and Stones on Netflix

Soldato
Just watched his show and found it good but i noticed that the crowd move around a lot?

Here is 2 clippings from his show spaced 17 minutes apart from each other.

Is this a common thing in american stand up shows?

First clip you have a woman in a bright yellow top:

Ga4sHij.jpg

Then 7 minutes later, she's not there and it's a different crowd at the front:

tLWSc3H.jpg

Also if you notice in the bottom right corner, the people sat there also change.

What is going on? :confused::p

Soldato
OP
Thanks for clearing that up, i was going a bit crazy trying to spot people and then not finding them again :p

Very good editing though, seamless. :)

Soldato
Most specials do this, and use what gets a better crowd response for certain jokes.

For anyone watching this make sure you let the credits run fully as you get another hidden 20 minute show that will only play if you let it roll over.

Associate
Most specials do this, and use what gets a better crowd response for certain jokes.

For anyone watching this make sure you let the credits run fully as you get another hidden 20 minute show that will only play if you let it roll over.

I saw that, well worth it.

You’ve all tried looking for the busty lady at the front then?

I shall have to rewatch...

Associate
This is one of the best specials I’ve watched for a while.

I enjoyed Bill Burr’s new special as well, American standup in my opinion is leagues ahead of British standup with some exceptions like Boyle.

That's ridiculous, American stand up is usually poor, exception being Dave Chappelle.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I didn’t find it overly good. I thought the latest Kevin Hart special was better albeit shorter.

Caporegime
Binged this, the new Bill Burr, and a Marc Maron special from 2013 yesterday.

I enjoyed Maron the most, I really like his story-telling, and only just discovered him as a result of GLOW.
Both Chapelle and Burr were hit and miss, Burr had a very awkward start but a few big laughs in the second half (but I don't like his constant shouty delivery), whereas Chapelle had more consistent chuckles, but only 1 big laugh from me.

Soldato
It's a bit rich they use all the best bits from multiple shows isn't it? Do they state it obviously anywhere? If I was watching a live special (not that I do often) I'd believe I was watching a single show.

If a band did it they'd (have to) advertise it as multiple venues etc. :confused:

Soldato
Dave really is at the top of his game atm. He's such a natural story teller.

I've been watching a lot of Patrice O'Neal videos on youtube lately. All the current top Americans comics concede he was one of the greatest.

Soldato
Really ? I think his last two standups have been weak by his standards, didn't laugh out loud once at sticks and stones although it did raise a few smiles.

Bill Burrs latest one is better imo although again it's not as good as his older stuff.

I suppose it's the style he has, the way he talks, the rhythms etc. Rather than the subject matter.

Bill Burr is also good, the relationship advice parts of his podcasts were great. My Netflix ran out so I'll watch the Albert Hall one when I next have a subscription.

Back
Top Bottom