• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Associate
Cyberpunk 2077 isn't just about looks, it's the devs behind it, whom have a good track record so far. In this day and age people throw their money on a pre-order to support the dev, thats the excuse anyway.. me despite them having a good track record and being rather honest on the profits that Witcher 3 earned, the game industry has become too damn scummy over the past decade with the DLC's that are 10% of the cost, with 1% content.. and microtransactions.... for me to bother pre-ordering, unless there is some good bonuses with it.. like For Honor

7fk6hkfbss901.jpg

Soldato
Not really.

A tech demo and a game are completely different.

TW3 was 1st demoed with some nice smoke effects (forward lit soft particles) which I think, in the end, the reason for not including them was an API limitation (although they did had at least Mantle at the moment and since they've bother with physix....), plus flexible water simulation, etc. You can find them in a video: E3 2013: Witcher 3 Nvidia Effects.

And then you have advanced physics like in Red Faction or even "fake" ones like in BF and no one really uses them. Mud Tires showed some nice off road gameplay, BeamNG some nice deformation physics and so on. Low level APIs promised an huge increase in light casting shadows per scene, huge variety (and longer draw distances) as you're no longer limited by draw calls, etc.

You can do advanced physics on the GPU (nvidia proved it and it worked ok with a secondary dedicated GPU from them while doing the 3D rendering with and AMD card, meaning adding more GPUs, for more complex scenes and games is no issue), AMD proved you can have AI accelerated on the GPU back in HD4xxx days and so on. None of the devs really implemented this.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So with you showing that Eurogamer not being as reliable as people think and other RTX card owners like Kaapstad (who has the best RTX card and the only one here by the looks of it due to the price) not being that impressed with it; it has caused @sunshinewelly to disappear :p

Even Gregster gets it, one mans gold is another mans trash as he says and we all have different tastes and expectations. No point getting annoyed that others don’t share your thoughts about the current crop of RTX cards/games. It will get better next year and beyond I am sure ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Even Gregster gets it, one mans gold is another mans trash as he says and we all have different tastes and expectations. No point getting annoyed that others don’t share your thoughts about the current crop of RTX cards/games. It will get better next year and beyond I am sure ;)

I don't know if this is an absolutely brilliant genius level mocking or you trying to be genuinely nice. :D If it's the latter, then, you do realise that Greg meant what he said in support of Sunshinewelly and co.

If it's the former, Bravo!! :p

Associate
Went for the 2080 simply because of performance and the fact that I won't upgrade any time soon, as my 7970 which stayed strong for almost 4 years and from me to a good home.
New technologies, I won't fall again. Did with the 3D glasses for TVs. Waiting for a decent batery life for a smartwatch and a 500 miles miles from an electric car, not costing over 70k.

Soldato

Wow Cyberpunk 2077 looked really incredible with ray tracing enabled.

Cyberpunk 2077 screenshots released few months ago looked a little dull and flatted with no ray tracing.

Ray Tracing bring Cyberpunk 2077 to life, looked very much better.

Cant wait until April 2020 to play it. :)

Soldato

Wow Cyberpunk 2077 looked really incredible with ray tracing enabled.

Cyberpunk 2077 screenshots released few months ago looked a little dull and flatted with no ray tracing.

Ray Tracing bring Cyberpunk 2077 to life, looked very much better.

Cant wait until April 2020 to play it. :)

The games looked great for years without RT. You gotta stop trying so hard. Will it look better with RT most likely but downplaying the game without RT is trying to hard.

Associate
really getting fed up with the posts stating "2000 series GPUs represent any kind of value to gamers what so ever"

there I have bought balance to the force and didn't even need to mention competition brands

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The games looked great for years without RT. You gotta stop trying so hard. Will it look better with RT most likely but downplaying the game without RT is trying to hard.
You need to go specsavers mate, the RT On and DLSS are clearly making night and day difference! Hurry up and get yourself a 2080Ti! :p

really getting fed up with the posts stating "2000 series GPUs represent any kind of value to gamers what so ever"

there I have bought balance to the force and didn't even need to mention competition brands
Oh no, sunshine is going to take issue with this post :p

@sunshinewelly I hope you see the humour and don't genuinely get upset about my posts :)

Back
Top Bottom