Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
So I assume swapping out for a usable infotainment system is easy enough, but what about the display in the dashpod? Will that change to an English character set with new infotainment, or is it codable? Or would it involve swapping out for a UK Lexus cluster?

Soldato
Soldato
So I assume swapping out for a usable infotainment system is easy enough, but what about the display in the dashpod? Will that change to an English character set with new infotainment, or is it codable? Or would it involve swapping out for a UK Lexus cluster?

What about the climate control?

Soldato
What about the climate control?

My crown is all Japanese too, obviously. Swapping is out is not doable because AC etc controls are in the touchscreen interface.

Lucky for me the crown came with double din under the main screen. Which was swapped over and wired in.. I still have all climate controls on the old JDM screen and a modern/upto date pioneer behind a flap hidden away. With acmes celsior it won't be that easy...maybe if he's lucky the UK ls400 system is compatable.

Caporegime
Honestly it's fine, I've figured it out. There's a button for climate controls (top right), one for the radio (bottom right) (I'll never use it and I've tuned it into my Bluetooth adapter), one for changing the display settings (middle right), the touch button in the top right is always "back", pressing the display button and the touch button in the bottom left turns the screen off, and all the buttons on the left are for the satnav and hence can be ignored.

Caporegime
I bet there's an actual 'Language' button on there but because it's Japanese you can't read it :D

Use google translate or Lens to translate the buttons
I went one better and had a Japanese friend have a look. She wound me up at first by saying "This button says language!" - "REALLY?!" - "... No." :(

One last longboi pic for now. :p

PNxrl8R.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom