“Cheap” last minute holidays? Who to use?

Caporegime
I am looking to go away in a weeks time, not particularly bothered where (warm and a beach being my primary requirement) looking online last minute deals seem relatively thin on the ground, even for example if I search for something that departs tomorrow for the discounts are small if there at all.

Am I doing it wrong?

I’ve tried the usual suspects (Lastminute.com etc) from googling but I’m not finding anything particularly outstanding price wise.

Who would you suggest I try?

And another thing, from a protecting myself perspective would I be better paying with a credit card or say PayPal?

Ideally the Canary Islands, or anywhere else guaranteed to be warm in mid September really, not particularly bothered where within reason, my budget is ballpark £400 per person.

Any pointers appreciated. :)

Caporegime
OP
£400 per person for flights and hotel, or all inclusive?
All inclusive possibly, but don’t mind B&B and just eat out especially if I pick say Turkey where the exchange rate is currently very favourable.

Jet2holidays are usually pretty good. Can get a £60 off code on ebay for a few quid and can pay on paypal.

I’ll look into the code but can’t say Jet2 are particularly competitive overall.

Another one worth having a look at is holidaypirates.com
Cheers guys, some to work on there. :)
Often found just finding flights on Skyscanner then a place on booking.com a cheap method for holidays.
Not thought of doing that, I’ll have a look. :)

Try calling TUI direct. A work colleague managad to get an all inclusive Greek islands holiday for that price.
I’ll try direct, wasted an hour in our local branch at the weekend, they seemed wholly uninterested!

Associate
I’ll try direct, wasted an hour in our local branch at the weekend, they seemed wholly uninterested!

My ex used to work for Thomas Cook and she always had an additional discretionary 25% discount they could apply to any holiday if they needed to secure a deal/liked you. May just have been the people you spoke to

Associate
My ex used to work for Thomas Cook and she always had an additional discretionary 25% discount they could apply to any holiday if they needed to secure a deal/liked you. May just have been the people you spoke to

This is utter, utter nonsense.
No travel agency makes anywhere near that commision on a booking. Top trumps, my wife has worked in travel for over 25 years for independents and high street, including thomas cook.(what a crap company)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Teletex holidays do cheap packages, but I've found it works out better sorting it yourself. You could use these sites to find which destinations are cheaper and then book independently.

Soldato
I've come to the conclusion that the whole last minute deals thing is pretty much ******** nowadays. I've occasionally managed to find cheap last minute hotel deals (i.e. booking for the evening of the same day and staying for night or two) but in terms of an overall flights and hotel type package I've never had any luck. Booking 2-4 months before seems to be the sweet spot depending on destination.

Soldato
Often found just finding flights on Skyscanner then a place on booking.com a cheap method for holidays.

This. Pretty much every holiday we book now is done this way. Search for cheap flights through skyscanner then book a hotel through hotels.com or booking.com with one of the 10% vouchers always floating around. If it's a villa I usually use homeaway.

Car hire is also usually cheapest through doyouspain.com. My record is £7 for a weeks car hire.

Associate
No travel agency makes anywhere near that commision on a booking. Top trumps, my wife has worked in travel for over 25 years for independents and high street, including thomas cook.(what a crap company)

I stand corrected. All that money off I got on holidays must have been a figment of my imagination.

Caporegime

My sister worked for Thomas Cook about 15 years ago and never had a "25% discount" she could offer.

Back
Top Bottom