Intercoms?

Soldato
I'm planning to do a fair amount of my riding with one of my mates so we've been looking at intercoms. I don't know what i'm after to be honest. I've got an Arai helmet, he has an AGV so no Shoei own brand types. I'd like something to occasionally play music and or satnav directions, and I think it must have a reasonable range on it too. Any suggestions?

Associate
Me and 2 of my friends use sena 10s. They can be bought as part of a dual pack to save a little money if you and a friend go halves on the cost. 12 hours talk time, up to 1 mile range, can connect to phone and sat nav and also music streaming. Also have a radio built in.

Best part is they have an app to go with it too, so you can easily change some settings.

Not cheap, but good sound quality.

Soldato
OP
Ok, thanks for the suggestions guys, bit of a split vote on Cardo and Sena. I think the Cardo maybe has it on being more waterproof?

Any feedback on the usability? Keen to be able to pause/play/change music on the go, and to mute sat nav

Soldato
Just to add another option, I've been using Interphone units for years and they are great. The Interphone Tour I have lasts days between charges, and charges in an hour. I love it. It can be paired with other brands of intercom.

Soldato
OP
Ended up getting the Cardo Packtalk bold. Have just used it for some sat nav directions so far, but tried the music which sounded decent. Yet to try out the actual intercom with a mate as not had time to organise a ride out yet. Will be interested to hear the audio quality.

Associate
Ended up getting the Cardo Packtalk bold. Have just used it for some sat nav directions so far, but tried the music which sounded decent. Yet to try out the actual intercom with a mate as not had time to organise a ride out yet. Will be interested to hear the audio quality.

Bit late to the party but I regularly ride in a group of 7-8 of us and we all have the Packtalk. You won't be disappointed. Had ours nearly 3 years and other than one battery failing they have been faultless.

Back
Top Bottom