Scooter Mileage

Soldato
OP
Really depends how it’s been rode just the same as cars but generally there good for 20k miles before you start to get things go wrong.

Thank you. It's a 2017 so will have done that mileage in 2 years. I will make subtle enquiries about usage tonight.

Does is appear to have had pizza delivery company decals recently removed?

Good point, I will look closely at it tonight. The dealer sold it originally from new and it has been traded back in so I will see if they have serviced it with them.

It's the first one we are looking at for my daughter so I may pass on it anyway.

Associate
To be honest with you scooters are so easy to work on and the parts are very cheap so long as it’s not a Chinese’s Import which are still cheap just much harder to find parts and shipping ect then repairs are relatively inexpensive from local garages.

If your a dab hand with basic mechanics you can work on almost every part of them pretty easy.

Caporegime
@Diddums will fill you in on how to overclock it.

Hi! Scooterfag checking in!

What scooter is it? The most important question is whether it's a two stroke or a four stroke. A two stroke has about 3 moving parts and a whole engine rebuild can be done in an afternoon in most cases. A four stroke is more finnicky and honestly I wouldn't put my daughter on a 50cc four stroke, you're looking at 3hp at most, it's flat out dangerous on the roads. A derestricted two stroke will hit 50ish mph and accelerate a lot quicker, much safer.

Soldato
OP
Hi! Scooterfag checking in!

What scooter is it? The most important question is whether it's a two stroke or a four stroke. A two stroke has about 3 moving parts and a whole engine rebuild can be done in an afternoon in most cases. A four stroke is more finnicky and honestly I wouldn't put my daughter on a 50cc four stroke, you're looking at 3hp at most, it's flat out dangerous on the roads. A derestricted two stroke will hit 50ish mph and accelerate a lot quicker, much safer.

Its a Yamaha YN50 Neos 4 so 4 stroke and water cooled. If she wants something de-restricted she can do it when she's older and moved out :)

Caporegime
Its a Yamaha YN50 Neos 4 so 4 stroke and water cooled. If she wants something de-restricted she can do it when she's older and moved out :)

Excellent little bikes, can't go wrong. I don't think they're restricted either, just gutless by nature. She'll go for a gazillion miles on a tank too. Just make sure it's been properly looked after. I doubt it's been a delivery bike, don't see many 50cc deliveroos.

How much is it going for?

Soldato
OP
Excellent little bikes, can't go wrong. I don't think they're restricted either, just gutless by nature. She'll go for a gazillion miles on a tank too. Just make sure it's been properly looked after. I doubt it's been a delivery bike, don't see many 50cc deliveroos.

How much is it going for?

Its a 2017 and going for £1200 off a dealer who has been servicing it and originally sold it.

Associate
i just paid £1000 for a 13 piaggio xevo 125 as my first bike, which i thought was a decent scoot to learn on (spotted last night that one of the rear shocks are leaking though, so going to have to spend some cash on that)

My thought was for a first bike get something cheap, as the chances are you will probably drop it at some point, once you have 6 months experience on the road, then look at the one you actually wanted

Back
Top Bottom