How Far Would YOU Go To Fight A Ticket.?

Soldato
Seems like he was pretty convinced he wasn't speeding. But spending your son's inheritance for the sake of a few points and a fine, that's stupid. Take one for the team.

Associate
He's probably a puritan who as a kid would have died of shame and/or burned down the school if he ever got detention.

Soldato
Yeah screw that.

it took four trips to Worcester Magistrates' Court before his appeal was heard. After losing the case, he lost a further crown court appeal in August.

5mph over and your evidence is your memory against their cameras so your defence goes with maybe the camera was faulty or it flashed someone else?

Come on man. Who in their right mind pays for legal representation over a £100 fine with no evidence like your own dashcam with a speed reading (is that even acceptable I wonder?).

Caporegime
Yeah screw that.

5mph over and your evidence is your memory against their cameras so your defence goes with maybe the camera was faulty or it flashed someone else?

Come on man. Who in their right mind pays for legal representation over a £100 fine with no evidence like your own dashcam with a speed reading (is that even acceptable I wonder?).

Yes dashcam footage is admissible in court, however you must also remember that the Police are allowed to seize your footage if they suspect an offence has occurred, and can use your footage against you.

Soldato
I'm not a lawyer, but I can only imagine scrawling "no case to answer" on the form rather than ticking the "not guilty" box when there's evidence from a fixed camera is among the fastest ways to let the magistrate know you're a massive time waster.

Soldato
OP
although I fully agree that i'd be seething if i knew I hadn't been speeding, I've read so many things about how to contest stuff like this, via demanding calibration evidence etc etc, that I should think there would be half a dozen better ways to contest this rather than managing to spend £30k on it.

as a LOL aside, i'd love to have seen the son's face each time there was an update and another cheque sent, dwindling his inheritance by another few grand :D

Soldato
I read that this morning and thought what a moron.

As soon as it became evident that you were going to spending even a low 4 figure sum fighting it, you just suck it up and accept it. But to end up blowing five figures trying to fight it is ridiculous.

Also how moronic can you be going to the papers with a story like that, i'd be very surprised if many people had sympathy for you, if anything you've just become a laughing stock.

Soldato
I'm not a lawyer, but I can only imagine scrawling "no case to answer" on the form rather than ticking the "not guilty" box when there's evidence from a fixed camera is among the fastest ways to let the magistrate know you're a massive bell end.
fixed that for you.

30k and he didn't even win....Jesus.
i mean i could have understood it if he had dashcam footage or the like but even then at what point do you just suck it up. family must be a bunch of bell ends too. if my auld fella started any shenanigans like this someone would have intervened and told him to wise up long before he spunked 21 odd grand into the hands of a lawyer.

i imagine the lawyer have been laughing up his sleeve at this idiot all the while telling him he had a very good case.

Back
Top Bottom