*** The official Apple September Event Thread - Tuesday 10th September 2019 ***

Soldato
OP
No.

And anyone who thinks the price hike isn’t due to a ridiculously weak pound against the dollar needs their heads checking.
This

September 2017 £ = $1.29 £999/$999
September 2018 £ = $1.29 £999/$999
September 2019 £ = $1.22 £1049/$999

I wonder what happened and what caused it...

Soldato
OP
Doubt they have much stock, Apple is pretty much JIT these days. They'll be a load left in standard retail channels though, that's where they shift the volume (bundled with carrier contracts).

Soldato
I wanted to return to iOS and boy am I happy with getting an XS Max. The 11 - and it’s Pro - look like an early Huawei flagship. The logo position looks wrong, forty cameras on the back, who cares about the arrangement, that slightly weird green.. Prices are still silly.

Is the XR their idea of the SE now also? I actually forgot to watch it this year, I usually have it running at the side when it’s showing.. but Gears 5. :p

Soldato
The 128gb Xr seems pretty good for the price. Shame the screen is a bit crippled but aside from that seems like a good purchase. Will see how the pixel 4 looks next month!

Soldato
I’ve had my iPhone X 64gb since launch, it’s still in great condition, battery is probably passed its best though.

£1049 for a small upgrade is a hard pill to swallow, I would boycott it if most people were going to do the same. Sadly everyone will still buy it and Apple will make millions as always.

I’m tempted to wait till next year but also shiny new phone.
Oh I don’t know what to do.

Pros
Better camera
Possibly brighter screen (do I need this?)
Better battery
Faster
Improved faceID

Cons
Looks the same
No storage upgrade (not sure I need more tbf)
Same notch
Price bump

I upgrade every year and have done since the iPhone 3GS, will be pre-ordering Friday as usual. 11 Pro Max 512gb for me :D

Prices though are getting out of hand :(

Before I say this, I do so without any bias towards vendor or hardware. Also of course it's your hard earned money and you're free to do what the heck you want without judgement but the second statement is most definitely explained by the first. :D

Back
Top Bottom