How Far Would YOU Go To Fight A Ticket.?

Associate
seems like an obstinate bloke, unwilling to admit he might have been wrong.

i thought speed cameras took 2 photos in a specific time-frame, so you could see how far the car moved to remove any argument about a 2nd car triggering the camera. Or, is that only the old ones?

Soldato
I don't think anyone understood and now I'm really curious. I know jokes aren't funny when you have to explain them but this really needs at least a clue.
My best guess is that @Diagro thought that @Hotwired 's post of "this guy used zero evidence to fight a camera and lost" was referring to Diagro as the "this guy". Even then, it's not making all that much sense - like we're missing a couple of lines of dialogue.

Soldato
LOL oh my...

Yes I did indeed take @Hotwired post as referring to myself.

I have re read it whilst not in a rush, and can actually see it could be aimed at the guy in the article or at me. He obviously meant the other guy.

I then got miffed that he was confused, which caused me to moan.

Anyway, no ones hurt, all fun and games. Life moves on.

Back to my original point: I was told by a solicitor who dealt with speeding cases that the word of the Police Officer is taken as valid evidence. People have been convicted simply off the back of a Police Officers statement.

I suppose if you had witnesses and evidence saying otherwise, the Police Officer would need to substantiate their statement with further evidence.

I'm not a solicitor, so I don't know.

Soldato
The whole setup is one big racket and an absolute affront to justice but i'm not sure i'd bother fighting it. There are too many people making sure it continues.

Soldato
Death and taxes, dont take it as a fine take it as your humble contribution to UK national debt.

4 lane road near me with metal fences either side and its 40mph so I'm doing 38 to be careful but I mix it up it does switch to 30mph at one stage while staying a massive clear road.
My bad, 6 points I got for that nonsense because I carefully made the same stupid mistake twice. This guy could have gone over by a few mph, unless he has a HUD or alarm on passing 30 its so small a thing its a pointless argument.

People have been convicted simply off the back of a Police Officers statement.
I've had the opposite when I failed to submit proper paperwork, prosecutor just spoke to the judge and said I was ok by them anyway.

Man of Honour
Not that far. Would probably just suck it up - it's only a few quid and having never been done for speeding the likelihood of being done again and accruing points would be low.

Associate
LOL oh my...

Yes I did indeed take @Hotwired post as referring to myself.

I have re read it whilst not in a rush, and can actually see it could be aimed at the guy in the article or at me. He obviously meant the other guy.

I then got miffed that he was confused, which caused me to moan.

Anyway, no ones hurt, all fun and games. Life moves on.

Well I appreciate the explanation, so thank you.

Back
Top Bottom