Poll: **** The official Apple Watch Series 5 thread ****

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 5?

• Total voters
Man of Honour
I'm wanting my first Apple watch. It'll be used for going to the gym, around the house and occasional travel, ie in situation where I don't want to damage my Bremont. Would I be better off going to the Nike one or doesn't it really matter?

Soldato
I'm wanting my first Apple watch. It'll be used for going to the gym, around the house and occasional travel, ie in situation where I don't want to damage my Bremont. Would I be better off going to the Nike one or doesn't it really matter?

Doesn't really matter. I think the Nike version comes with some unique watch faces and that's about it?

Was tempted with the Titanium but went with the Black Stainless Steel this time around. Also upgrading from a Series 3

Man of Honour
I've gone for the following:

Apple Watch Series 5 GPS, 44mm Space Grey Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band

The strap looks a bit more professional if I'm on client sites and don't want to wear my Bremont. I'm looking forward to all the health tracking features.

Soldato
I've gone for the following:

Apple Watch Series 5 GPS, 44mm Space Grey Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band

The strap looks a bit more professional if I'm on client sites and don't want to wear my Bremont. I'm looking forward to all the health tracking features.

Buying new straps gets addictive as they're so easy to swap around :p

I'm planning on upgrading from my Series 3. Need to decide how to do it though as my Vitality watch runs out in December and i don't think they offered the cellular version of the Series 4, but it's handy to go via Vitality for the discounts. Might buy the watch outright and then get a Vitality one and sell it.

Man of Honour
I'm also with Vitality but I can't be bothered waiting. :D I know I'm potentially missing out on a great discount however I have no idea when they'll introduce Series 5.

Soldato
Haha, it's pretty soon after release i found and then you get it quite soon after.

Just do what i plan on doing and get one and sell the one through Vitality. Best of both worlds. Especially if you're fairly active to get the maximum discounts.

Man of Honour
Haha, it's pretty soon after release i found and then you get it quite soon after.

Just do what i plan on doing and get one and sell the one through Vitality. Best of both worlds. Especially if you're fairly active to get the maximum discounts.
I work from home away a lot and I'm in hotels so I usually book ones with a gym in, I have started going each evening so I should be okay. When I work from home there's a Nuffield a few miles away I am a member of.

Soldato
Sounds like you also take advantage of as much free/cheap stuff as i do!

If you always hit the 40 points mark you're laughing as the watch should only end up costing around £100. I tend to get around 140 points a month so end up paying £5 a month towards it. I can live with that!

Man of Honour
Sounds like you also take advantage of as much free/cheap stuff as i do!

If you always hit the 40 points mark you're laughing as the watch should only end up costing around £100. I tend to get around 140 points a month so end up paying £5 a month towards it. I can live with that!
My employer pays for the travel and most of the hotels are decent and have a gym in them. Kills an hour or so and stops me getting to a typical sized consultant sipping beer each night and eating burgers and steaks. :D

Associate
I'm gunna go for a 44mm Nike one again and pass off my s4 to the missus, she has an s3 so will be a welcomed upgrade for her!
Am i right in saying that the 44mm strap will fit on the 40mm one? I currently have a black one and i might get the purple one in the S5 an swap the straps over for her

Soldato
No, O2 and Vodafone offer it now too.

Seems to be a standard £5/m charge across all networks.

I’m already with O2 with my iPhone 7+.

I have to say I’m tempted to get one of these 44mm variants. The thing I don’t quite understand is the cellular part. Am I correct in saying the watch uses a e-sim so there’s no actual SIM card you put in?

Also as I’m already paying a monthly contract with O2 I read there is a ‘paired connection’ or something like that. This is the part I don’t understand. Would I still have to pay an additional £5 a month like a bolt on charge to my current plan?

Soldato
I’m already with O2 with my iPhone 7+.

I have to say I’m tempted to get one of these 44mm variants. The thing I don’t quite understand is the cellular part. Am I correct in saying the watch uses a e-sim so there’s no actual SIM card you put in?

Also as I’m already paying a monthly contract with O2 I read there is a ‘paired connection’ or something like that. This is the part I don’t understand. Would I still have to pay an additional £5 a month like a bolt on charge to my current plan?
Yes, that's how it has typically been

Soldato
Yes, that's how it has typically been

And if you just use the gps without the e-sim. You still get the same functionality like calls etc if you just pair it with your iPhone via Bluetooth.

I’m guessing the e-sim just gives you the flexibility of not having to have your phone with you all the time although my phone never leaves my pocket so I reckon the cellular part would be a waste of money for me.

Back
Top Bottom