New build advice

Associate
Hello,

I have been thinking of building another computer after my first successful build after help from this forum around 8 years ago. My girlfriend now wants to do some video editing. Therefore it’s the excuse I need to be able to build my second computer.

Now things seemed to have moved on considerably and I am after some advice on a new setup. These are the minimum requirements for the video editing program.

Minimum System Requirements for GoPro Studio and GoPro Quik for Desktop
Windows Mac
Supported Operating Systems 64 bit Windows 7, 8.1, 10 in desktop mode only for GoPro Studio. 32 bit systems are not supported. Quik For Desktop requires Windows 10. Mac OS 10.10.X or later
CPU Intel Core i3
Recommended: Intel Quad Core i7 or better Intel® Dual Core™
Recommended: Intel Quad Core i7 or better
Graphics Card
Graphics card that supports OpenGL 3.2 or later*
Recommended for 4K editing and playback: Intel HD Graphics 4000 or better (or similar class graphics card)
Recommended Video RAM: 512 MB RAM or greater for video playback under 4K, 1GB RAM or greater for 4K playback Any graphics card shipped with Intel® Dual Core™ Macs or better
Recommended for 4K editing and playback: Intel HD Graphics 4000 or better
Recommended Video RAM: 512 MB RAM or greater for video playback under 4K, 1GB RAM or greater for 4K playback
Screen Resolution 1280 x 800
Recommended: 1920 x 1080
1280 x 768
RAM 4 GB 4 GB
Hard Drive 7200 RPM internal drive
If external, use USB 3.0 or eSATA 5400 RPM internal drive
Recommended: 7200 RPM drive or SSD
If external, use Thunderbolt, Firewire or USB 3.0

I am after something that will be able to run this and last for the near future. I will need everything including the case and operating system. I have the monitor, mouse and keyboard. So far I only have a budget of £500-£600 pounds for the system. Has anyone put something together for this budget or have any ideas of a suitable set up?

Soldato
@mulcahy69

nice and cheap - no GPU to add to accelerated effects/Rendering , all based on CPU

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £497.64 (includes shipping: £11.70)

make a Windows Media tool creation USB from your PC and buy a CD key to keep costs down, or from here for £115 odd

if software has GPU support or she switches to likes of Prem Pro or free Resolve DaVinci

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £578.63 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

Associate
OP
Thank you for that. The windows media tool creation usb will that have the operating system downloaded onto it? Therefore I plug it into the new pc and run it to put the operating system on the new computer?

Soldato
Soldato
Thank you for that. The windows media tool creation usb will that have the operating system downloaded onto it? Therefore I plug it into the new pc and run it to put the operating system on the new computer?

I use the Creation tool on all my builds then get a key at a later date, you'll have a little message on bottom right of screen about activating windows but it still boots and runs fine from it

Back
Top Bottom