*** The official Apple September Event Thread - Tuesday 10th September 2019 ***

Soldato
I was really hoping to jump back on the apple ship. I do miss an iPhone but the prices are far too much, even for older X/xs models.

My pixel 3a will stay for another year I guess.

It was a painful presentation to sit through if you are a current iphone 8 plus owner. £1000 and no 5G.

The Apple Watch was at least a decent upgrade and I am tempted to pick one up to replace my Gen 1.

Associate
Still using my 256Gb 7+ and still very happy with it although the battery is at 86% now. Previously I was thinking of upgrading at this release, but there are not enough plus points for me to warrant it so i’ll just get the battery changed in my 7+.

Roll on iPhone 12.

Soldato
With regards to the iPhone upgrade programme. Am I right in thinking that if you upgrade after 11 months to the latest iPhone, then the loan payments will increase if the latest iPhone is more expensive than the previous one?

You'll pay the outstanding amount left (usually a months payment) and then you sign a new agreement at the new monthly price.

Associate
Still using my 256Gb 7+ and still very happy with it although the battery is at 86% now. Previously I was thinking of upgrading at this release, but there are not enough plus points for me to warrant it so i’ll just get the battery changed in my 7+.

Roll on iPhone 12.

I plan to do the same, getting the battery replaced in my 7+ 128GB should keep it ticking over until 5G is more widespread, not really bothered about camera or Wi-Fi 6 at the moment.

Associate
Am I right in thinking the XS is being discontinued and they’re dropping the price of the XR?
I thought the XR was the poverty spec version of the XS or have I got this wrong. Seem to recall a YouTuber saying as much.

Soldato
Am I right in thinking the XS is being discontinued and they’re dropping the price of the XR?
I thought the XR was the poverty spec version of the XS or have I got this wrong. Seem to recall a YouTuber saying as much.

Just checked, the XS is not on their website now. But the XR is cheaper at £629.

Associate
Apparently you can still get the XS in store, so may be worth checking your local Apple store.

Or there are still a number of reputable retailers selling the phones, although prices may not drop until Friday once the new ones go on preorder

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom