How long did it take you to reach 1,000 posts here?

Associate
Just under 11 months ago I joined this forum and it quickly became my primary hangout message board wise. This will be my 998th post, so I'm almost certainly there (barring a surprise banning :p).

I see a lot of members posting who have been here for 5-10 years+ and are still not at 1k posts, and others who've joined in 2019 and are far exceeding my posting rate, probably on track to hit 1k within 6 months or less.

So how long did it take most of you? (Hopefully this thread isn't a bannable offence on the grounds it's been asked many times before :p)

Soldato
from looking at 'your content'...
9 years because only used to post threads/ask questions about best cpu/game etc

would've been a lot faster now because I reply to things like this sometimes :p

Associate
OP
Not quite made it yet.

When I joined 100 posts couldn't come soon enough to shake off Fredo's face next to my name.

Next up was a made man (should be more high ranking on this forum for that alone I'd have thought), yet was murdered in Goodfellas. Either way, quite a step up from the previous avatar.

Now I'm enjoying the last days of seeing Goodfella's psychotic Joe Pesci next to my name.

Next up I believe is the guy from the Sopranos, who going by my posting rate will be my accompaniment for a long time to come (I've not watched a single episode of Sopranos).

After that I believe it's Henry Hill, so getting back to Goodfella's territory.

from looking at 'your content'...
9 years because only used to post threads/ask questions about best cpu/game etc

would've been a lot faster now because I reply to things like this sometimes :p

Ah you should've seen my first 300-500 posts - nearly all dry tech and detailed talk limited to the hardware forums. I view some 2019 whippersnappers with equal disdain that they can 1 sentence post/flippant comment 10-20x a day and be racking up the post count.

Soldato
No idea mate. This place has been the only forum I regularly visit for, over fifteen years. Since before the nuke actually.

Honestly it’s got everything I need, without the garbage and toxicity.

Plus, you’ll have access to the MM soon, it’s bloody wonderful. I built a custom loop rig with UW monitor, peripherals, and VR, for about £3k less than retail :D

It’s a great place; we’re very lucky.

Back
Top Bottom