Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
Um, at the moment it basically has open headers because the Y pipe is mincemeat. It sounds AMAZING but it is also antisocial, and gives me a headache. :p

Getting it fixed after work tomorrow.

Caporegime
I think that's my favourite of all the cars you've owned.

I really like it. Out of all my cars I've only "really liked" a handful... The E30, the red MK2 MX5, the red Corolla, and this Celsior.

Its a better car for me than the Volvo was, the Volvo was addictive to thrash all over the place, it was only a matter of time before I got a speeding ticket (or worse) - But in this I find myself at or even just below the speed limit at all times, just enjoying a comfy cruise to a nice V8 burble.

Soldato
I used to have a V8 Audi S4 years back. I loved it. But it's not the lazy luxo barge V8 we are talking about here. I also have a couple old V8 P38 Range Rovers.

V8's I get. V6's I don't. Too slow for the fuel consumption. Something I never found with my S4. The RR's were a different case though, that argument doesn't stand there, but there are other reasons for the V8 in them.

I would love another V8. But for me, the obvious choice would be the Audi A8 with a V8. The Lexus does look good, for sure. But dated at the same age / budget, IMO.

Soldato
What a bizarre blanket statement. There are numerous V6's which are very, very quick. Original RS4 for example?

OK. NA V6's then. But then you'll no doubt come back with some obscure American 5.0L NA V6 that has 400 BHP. Or some V6 F1 engine.

Obviously (to anyone, even you I'm sure), I was talking about the more "run of the mill" V6 people would generally think of. 325i's, 330i's, Golf R32's etc... I guess you could probably discount the likes of the 350Z as it at least has a 300 BHP V6 (AFAIK).

Back
Top Bottom