Report driver on phone?

Caporegime
There are of course those who take it to extremes, like that fella who was literally hiding in bushes to catch cars driving on the wrong side of the road. In cases like that I firmly believe he should have his bicycle folded in half and shoved down his throat.

Confused by this one, the 'doctors' don't appear to be on the wrong side of the road as it o my looks like there's one lane. It looks like they're going the wrong way down a one way road.
Surely such intelligent individuals should be able to follow instructions?

Caporegime
Think that might be the most ignorant response I've ever had on here. I posted a nice, reasonable reply saying you had the right to want to live like that, but I personally wouldn't, and you respond by making a ridiculous statement about where I live. I try not to let myself get drawn into these types of things, but in for a penny I guess....

When I was walking in a nice London suburb, I was robbed of my bag at knifepoint. When I lived in a fancy area in France, my car was stolen and burnt out. I've not had a single issue of any kind since I started living here. I'm assuming you've visited my area and had some sort of bad experience, otherwise stating that I live in a narco-state is like me stating that the entire north of England is a poverty ridden dump (which, of course, I don't believe).

As for road safety, I prefer to focus on my own driving rather than going around preaching to others, therefore the driving standards here don't bother me whatsoever. Personally, I'd be far more bothered by some weirdo following me around with a camera than I would be by the guy in the car next to me on the phone. We obviously disagree, so why don't you continue living your life that way, as I've acknowledged you have every right to do, and I can continue living mine.

So what you're saying is mexico isnt a Marco state and you're calling me ignorant? It's a country where cartels hold sway from local government up through regional to national. It's the poster boy of a narco state! The current president is a former member of the PRI ffs!

As for driving standards, the UK is ranked in the top 3 countries in the world for road safety. Where does mexico sit? I believe they have something like 20x the road death rate of the uk.

So...Where exactly does ignorance come in to this argument of facts and stats?

Man of Honour
There are of course those who take it to extremes, like that fella who was literally hiding in bushes to catch cars driving on the wrong side of the road. In cases like that I firmly believe he should have his bicycle folded in half and shoved down his throat.

If ever there was someone who needed his teeth and camera smashed down his throat, it was that guy.
What an absolute copper bottomed moronic cretin.

Soldato
So what you're saying is mexico isnt a Marco state and you're calling me ignorant? It's a country where cartels hold sway from local government up through regional to national. It's the poster boy of a narco state! The current president is a former member of the PRI ffs!

As for driving standards, the UK is ranked in the top 3 countries in the world for road safety. Where does mexico sit? I believe they have something like 20x the road death rate of the uk.

So...Where exactly does ignorance come in to this argument of facts and stats?

What makes you think this is an argument of facts and stats? You were the one who brought that up - my point all along was (and remains) the fact that I wouldn’t be happy living somewhere where my every movement was filmed by others who were all hell bent on reporting me to the police. If you like that then by all means crack on, I personally think it’s a crazy state of affairs.

Trying to make assumptions about where I live is like me saying that because there were issues with paedophiles in Rotherham, the UK is infested with them. Different areas have different advantages and disadvantages, which should be fairly obvious to you if you live in the north of England.

I can assure you that where I live, we have no problems with “Marcos” as you say, and not one of the many houses in our development have ever been burgled since they were built, several years ago. I have no doubt that other areas of the country are very different, but to state that I moved here so that I could act like a “Marco” and go around doing whatever I want is ludicrous.

I’ll say it again, driving standards and road safety here don’t bother me in any way, as I focus on my own driving. Unlike a lot of other people, if someone wants to go faster than me, or does something I wouldn’t personally do behind the wheel, I simply move over and let them get on with it. I expect others to do the same for me.

Man of Honour
Confused by this one, the 'doctors' don't appear to be on the wrong side of the road as it o my looks like there's one lane. It looks like they're going the wrong way down a one way road.
Surely such intelligent individuals should be able to follow instructions?

It is one way in that lane, West to East, the other side, full of cars, is the other lane, East to West, it is a two way road, it’s Regents Park Outer Circle, either near York Gate, Ulster Terrace, or possibly Clarence Gate, where Park Road and Baker Street meet.
If they were medical staff, they may have benefitted from a blue strobe light placed on the roof, that might have prevented that moron from indulging his P.C. 49 fantasy.

Soldato
I'd report it, these people are putting other peoples lives at risk and have no regards for human life.

It's quite funny actually, I drive on the motorway daily and it's always the car driving so slow in the 3rd lane or the van that can't drive straight which always tend to be the ones on the phone.

Should just be 3 points straight away and a fine.

Soldato
I think a lot of you suffer from road rage when you're driving.

The worst thing about it is its contagious when 99% of other users are behaving like complete ***tards then your blood pressure goes through the roof and you get angry too which makes you behave like a complete moron, at least until you stop and think "what the **** are you doing? Calm down!" Contempt breeds contempt.

Caporegime
I'd report it, these people are putting other peoples lives at risk and have no regards for human life.

It's quite funny actually, I drive on the motorway daily and it's always the car driving so slow in the 3rd lane or the van that can't drive straight which always tend to be the ones on the phone.

Should just be 3 points straight away and a fine.

The police will just laugh in his face if he reports this. They aren't interested in this kind of stuff or doing much work at all. Much rather just steal a wage. Newer officers seem to be better but the older ones after a few years just stop caring. It's all just paperwork to them and they would rather just not do any.

Associate
Phone? Paper work on lap, pen in hand and phone, very so often you see that. Personal just get on with your life or you will spend yours putting the world right. They will come a cropper at some point

Soldato
We just got a letter from Warwickshire police saying to upload pictures of anything as part of operation snap. Parking in school crossing areas, obstructing junctions, dangerous overtakes, drivers crossing double white lines or using mobile phones etc.

Man of Honour
We just got a letter from Warwickshire police saying to upload pictures of anything as part of operation snap. Parking in school crossing areas, obstructing junctions, dangerous overtakes, drivers crossing double white lines or using mobile phones etc.

Saves them taking on more coppers I guess.

V F

V F

Soldato

So we're going to get more accidents like the Pokemon Go craze because idiots are going to be out on the roads by foot trying to frame people to snap pictures rather than watching what they themselves are doing? All because?... "I got you suckers!"

Back
Top Bottom