Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Point taken. Naturally Aspirated 6 cylinder engines, in whatever layout configuration, that you would reasonably expect to see on a daily basis? Does that work better for all the pedants on here?

Caporegime
There are plenty of N/A V6 cars which are both faster than my V8 and better on fuel. 350Z for example. They make similar power too. E46 330i is probably quicker and better on fuel too, being an I6.

Soldato
Point taken. Naturally Aspirated 6 cylinder engines, in whatever layout configuration, that you would reasonably expect to see on a daily basis? Does that work better for all the pedants on here?

My 3.0i Z4 with its old M54 straight six engine manages 0-60 in a claimed 5.7 seconds and i've quite easily done 40+mpg in it, or just driving it normally easily gets 30+mpg from it.

new exhaust fitted last weekend, sounds how it should have now. :)

Invidia?

Man of Honour
V6's I don't. Too slow for the fuel consumption.

I'm mostly pretty happy with the 3L V6 in my Navara - won't lie I occasionally wouldn't mind a little more edge in acceleration but most of the time it gets a 2+ ton truck moving as quickly as is sensible, way way smoother than the 4 pots and gets 30MPG unless you drive it with all the finesse of a caveman.

In modern terms in the Golf VR6 the "V6" is a bit odd as compared to today's performance it isn't amazing while guzzling fuel like a V8 but then you wouldn't really get a V8 in that.

Back
Top Bottom