* The Metal Thread *

Associate
After hearing the new single Protection by Alcest I'm really stoked for their new album. Sounds really great and they have become one of my favorite artists since I came across them for the first time a few years ago.

Associate
You love it?

What about spawn of possession, deeds of flesh ? cephalic carnage?

I really dislike the album - I posted my thoughts in the Tool thread, so I won't keep going on about it. I respect that taste is very personal and it's great people are enjoying the album. I have not heard of any of those bands, what do they sound like? post some songs for me to listen to?

I love metal. I love Misery Signals, I love Sylosis, I love Invent Animate. I am just struggling to find modern metal that I enjoy. It used to be so easy to find great new bands. And the old bands I love keep releasing shockingly poor albums.

Associate
new nile, any fans? they have kind of been writing the same album for years now
still excellent musicians though
Like Nile, but not my favourite.
My favourites, after seeing live is Deicide, Cannibal Corpse and Cradle of Filth. Some like, some hate. But man, live, just perfect.
Looking forward for Mercyful Fate/King Diamond tour next year, which were my start appreciating metal.
Had the opportunity to see Krisiun, ages ago, during their first album, back in Brazil. Never been a Sepultura fan.

Soldato
I really dislike the album - I posted my thoughts in the Tool thread, so I won't keep going on about it. I respect that taste is very personal and it's great people are enjoying the album. I have not heard of any of those bands, what do they sound like? post some songs for me to listen to?

I love metal. I love Misery Signals, I love Sylosis, I love Invent Animate. I am just struggling to find modern metal that I enjoy. It used to be so easy to find great new bands. And the old bands I love keep releasing shockingly poor albums.

Enjoy all

Soldato
Like Nile, but not my favourite.
My favourites, after seeing live is Deicide, Cannibal Corpse and Cradle of Filth. Some like, some hate. But man, live, just perfect.
Looking forward for Mercyful Fate/King Diamond tour next year, which were my start appreciating metal.
Had the opportunity to see Krisiun, ages ago, during their first album, back in Brazil. Never been a Sepultura fan.

when did you see Deicide? i seen them this year and they were nothing special, seemed to be going through the motions, can't blame them though when you've been around 30 odd years.
Krisiun are touring next year in europe \m/__\m/

Associate
when did you see Deicide? i seen them this year and they were nothing special, seemed to be going through the motions, can't blame them though when you've been around 30 odd years.
Krisiun are touring next year in europe \m/__\m/
Deicide was few years ago in London. Will ask my brother as we went together and he's more organized and got better memory. Some magazine organized it. Was there also Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel and Turisas (don't like), if I recall correctly.
Pretty good. Spot on live.
Krisiun I've seen few times. Always good.

Back
Top Bottom