Fireman Sams been Fired!!

Permabanned
Reminds me of that absolute wreck on dragon's den where two women pitched an idea to have more women in the construction industry. Even good old Debs had words to say to them.

Ha, I saw that recently. Part of her pitch was not having to worry about female builders rummaging through your knickers draw :D

Soldato
Define 'being inclusive'. If you mean 'having laws that prevent discrimination based on sex, race etc.' then I think most people agree, and we already have that - much beyond that and you end up with silly rules that try to create an artificially equal society.

Being inclusive means removing all white male role models or characters, then replacing them with women. Even if it makes no sense. If someone disagrees you accuse them of sexism and/or racism.

Soldato
How about Monopoly's new makeover? In the name of equality, female players now get £240 for passing Go whilst male players still receive the standard £200. All in the name of equality you understand.

Associate
I blame the schools, secondary especially but it goes back to primary.
There doesnt seem to be any real desire to change the way kids choose there path in life, its just a bit of a mess and most careers advisors i have spoken to have been thicker than two short planks (heck when i was... ikkle, one said i would be best staying away from a career in IT as it was a dead end job and could see no future in it..!!! yes really!)
You want more woman to work in male dominated careers? Then push them from an early age.

Soldato
This links in nicely to the game if monopoly that's been released, apparently women get more money for passing go. Woe betide it be equal and fair. I agree with it being daft, if a firefighter can't lift a heavy person they shouldn't get the job. I realise I'm digressing a bit.

Edit: dam beaten while writing a post, I'd have been first if i wwasnt reading to the kids:p. Can you imag]ne the uproar if a game came out where men got more then women:eek:.

Soldato
This links in nicely to the game if monopoly that's been released, apparently women get more money for passing go. Woe betide it be equal and fair. I agree with it being daft, if a firefighter can't lift a heavy person they shouldn't get the job. I realise I'm digressing a bit.

You mean it links in nicely due to the fact that it's what I posted just two posts above yours?

Caporegime
Can someone explain to my why we're entertaining these people? Can't we give them a backhander, tell them to stfu and go play with the rest of the windowlickers and leave humanity to the grown ups?

Caporegime
There is a reason there arent more female firemen.
Is it the patriarchy keeping them down?

In other news, what about the number of charities now focusing their attention on women only?

Just in the news today there was a piece about a charity that helps women with loneliness and depression.

I couldn't help but think, "Why [women] suffering from x,y,z and not [people] suffering from x,y,z?" Loneliness and depression are hardly complaints solely affecting women.

But these days it's very fashionable to have your charity or org just helping women. Men with x,y,z can sort themselves out. Maybe ask the local chairman of Patriarchy Club for some help?

It's fairly obvious these days, even tho people sometimes laugh at @Angilion for his talk of identity politics, that we are living in an age with your sex and your membership of some minority group will determine what help is available to you. And what preferential treatment.

Soldato
Is it the patriarchy keeping them down?

In other news, what about the number of charities now focusing their attention on women only?

Just in the news today there was a piece about a charity that helps women with loneliness and depression.

I couldn't help but think, "Why [women] suffering from x,y,z and not [people] suffering from x,y,z?" Loneliness and depression are hardly complaints solely affecting women.

But these days it's very fashionable to have your charity or org just helping women. Men with x,y,z can sort themselves out. Maybe ask the local chairman of Patriarchy Club for some help?

It's fairly obvious these days, even tho people sometimes laugh at @Angilion for his talk of identity politics, that we are living in an age with your sex and your membership of some minority group will determine what help is available to you. And what preferential treatment.

The suicide rates for men is about 3x as high and still on the rise. Which appears to coincide with the whole "man = bad, women = good" ideal being pushed by crazy feminists and the media atm. It seems very few organisations actually care about that.

I say we all just need to stop giving a ****. If we aren't listening it can't effect anything :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I appreciate this thread is a little old now, but surely the answer to the problem was to introduce a female character rather than axe Sam? I mean the TV show actually has a female firefighter so they could have just used her!?

Back
Top Bottom