Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Whoop. Bon Iver baby!

Not entirely sure why it's a standing ticket with a seat allocation. Can only imagine the floor is all seated :(

DugjxHQ.png

EDIT - Nope, Ticketmaster seem to have given me a seated ticket even though i selected standing. What a ballache.

Have rebooked for actual Standing tickets and now to try and complain (or find 3 other people who want tickets!)

I had to google these :) :rolleyes:

Caporegime
I need this, like really really need, not just want, it's full on hard needage. Any suggestions where I could order some online?

Coming back to this for a moment, I've had a look at the usual places, but it seems it's unavailable. Y'see, there are various reasons this might be, one is that certain poultry from South Africa is banned here, another could be the whole trademark thing going on (not that it's a copy, but Marmite UK might have a fanny wobble if Marmite SA started selling here, despite being the same parent company).

TL;DR: It's available if you know where to look, next time I'm at a saffer store I'll have a poke under the counter and see what I can find. Probably cost a fiver, but honestly, I'd pay a fiver just for people to enjoy its magnificence.

Soldato
Coming back to this for a moment, I've had a look at the usual places, but it seems it's unavailable. Y'see, there are various reasons this might be, one is that certain poultry from South Africa is banned here, another could be the whole trademark thing going on (not that it's a copy, but Marmite UK might have a fanny wobble if Marmite SA started selling here, despite being the same parent company).

TL;DR: It's available if you know where to look, next time I'm at a saffer store I'll have a poke under the counter and see what I can find. Probably cost a fiver, but honestly, I'd pay a fiver just for people to enjoy its magnificence.

I'd happily re-imburse you. I paid £9 for a jar of Vegemite when I was in Indonesia a few years ago just to get a "marmite" fix :D

Soldato
bZJKMFj.jpg.png

A Japanese marking knife for woodwork. It apparently has a super hard steel merged with a softer steel to stop it breaking. My whetstone just makes a high pitched screech when I tried to flatten the back, so it must be very hard as I have never had that before. Just need to make some sort of handle for it, or I might be lazy and use heatshrink.

Associate
bZJKMFj.jpg.png

A Japanese marking knife for woodwork. It apparently has a super hard steel merged with a softer steel to stop it breaking. My whetstone just makes a high pitched screech when I tried to flatten the back, so it must be very hard as I have never had that before. Just need to make some sort of handle for it, or I might be lazy and use heatshrink.

Very nice! I don't know if I'm more impressed or puzzled that Japanese woodworking tools seem further ahead than the western equivalent. I frequently use my Shinto saw rasp yet I've never come across one in a general shop.

Soldato
bZJKMFj.jpg.png

Mark, are you still doing much blade smithing? I'm getting more and more into antique blade restoration, including pattern-welded and wootz blades.

Caporegime
Our childcare is more than our mortgage. £1100 a month on average. I know you excluded childcare but it's a massive amount of money!

Purely cause the official stats on the cost of raising a child specifically excluded the cost of childcare which i can see why as it wont apply to every couple and would skew the figures

Back
Top Bottom