**Ghost Recon Wildlands** Official thread

Soldato
I can't stand Mac, he makes money out of being a negative Nancy, that's his angle for his channel and that's what his viewers tune in for......but watching the video, Dr Disrespect, other youtubers etc I can't believe how gash this looks. I'm bored to death with Ubi's clunky copy and paste open world formula, it's the same regurgitated mess each time with an ever so slightly different spin. And what happened to the stealthy tactical co-op gameplay we saw at E3? This looks the complete opposite.

Soldato
Quite liked the original Wildlands for some co-op laughs and I was quite looking forward to this but after playing the beta last night it just feels like another ******* rinse repeat looter shooter in the vain of The Division, which I absolulety hate....or am I missing something?

Associate
Hadn't played Wildlands before but was pretty unimpressed with the breaking point beta. They just need to do a modern day remake of the older games, even the 360 games were more tactical.

Mac might seem negative but its the gaming industry thats made him that way. You said it yourself, copy and paste formula, games are getting worse. He does thumb up games that deserve it.

The gaming industry made him a massive drip who comes across as the gaming equivalent of Jeremy Clarkson ? Nah, I think that's just who he is and he uses the gaming industry as a reason to vocalise his relentlessly bleak outlook on everything.

It was no surprise to find out he can barely function around other human beings in day to day life.

Soldato
The driving is bad but overall I liked the beta and will get the game. I think I will get a lot of hours out of it. I will not use any of the online stuff so wish they did not bother with that but as long as I can just ignore that and play the game I don't care to much.

Associate
I enjoy(ed) Wildlands, apart from the occasional repetition. Tried the beta in hope and left feeling it's more like an open world Division than Ghost Recon. Graphically nice, but this just felt boring, somehow the Division seems to works better for the pseudo-looter-shooter. This felt like they're shoe-horning in bullet-sponge enemies, into what was a 1 hit kill semi-tactical game.

Soldato
I'm getting the game, I quite enjoyed the beta, I didn't see a single glitch either so I'm guessing the video revue showing some bloke spinning around on the floor was on Xbox?
Practically every new title in a long running franchise will end up varying the original concept. If not then you get calls of 'more of the same' it should be a DLC for the previous game etc.
Some of the moaning complained of getting a swarm alert when traveling and a few seconds later they are dead, apparently they had not the brains to realise it was the Beta limit of the available map and to turn round fast.

Breakpoint has faults but look how much moaning there was when Wildlands first came out. I pointed that out on Ubisoft forums after everyone was praising how good Wildlands is/was compared to Breakpoint. This game needs time, just like Wildlands did.
Ubi say they intend to reintroduce the option to add AI team mates in a forthcoming patch, as a solo player I would prefer this in certain parts of the game

Associate
I enjoy(ed) Wildlands, apart from the occasional repetition. Tried the beta in hope and left feeling it's more like an open world Division than Ghost Recon. Graphically nice, but this just felt boring, somehow the Division seems to works better for the pseudo-looter-shooter. This felt like they're shoe-horning in bullet-sponge enemies, into what was a 1 hit kill semi-tactical game.
I made a similar comment to them when asked to fill in the post-beta survey. Just didn't feel like Ghost Recon to me.

Soldato
I personally liked the Breakpoint Beta, but the priority for me in a game like that is to have a laugh with friends so little things don't bother me overly much. I can understand the instant spawning issues though and there are a few other little bits that are rough round the edges.

I am pretty sure I will buy it though.

Associate
I made a similar comment to them when asked to fill in the post-beta survey. Just didn't feel like Ghost Recon to me.
that survey.... I thought I'd give it a go, thinking it would be 2-3 pages with half a dozen questions... it was massive... almost as if they put more thought into the survey than trying to make the game fun.

Soldato
that survey.... I thought I'd give it a go, thinking it would be 2-3 pages with half a dozen questions... it was massive... almost as if they put more thought into the survey than trying to make the game fun.

And like me you probably clicked yes to 'would you continue to play the Beta' hoping to get a few extra days :p

Caporegime

Hahah yeah it went on forever, then the final bit where they asked if you wanted to answer a few more questions was another 5 minutes.

Soldato
Open beta is on this weekend, they've tweaked plenty since the NDR test I last looked at, runs smoother and better framerate.

Had a bug last night where after getting out of a helicopter I couldn't scope in on any weapon in my second slot it did the over shoulder zoom instead.

Back
Top Bottom