**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Soldato
OMG I dropped the phone from head height onto concrete face first, thought I'd smashed the screen but luckily the factory fitted screen protector saved it!!! not a scratch!! thanks samsung!!!!

Now I have to replace the screen protector can anyone recommend me good one please?

so relieved!

Only real alternative is the Whitestone (££) . I read on XDA some one asked Samsung support about replacing the factory fitted protector and can you buy one. reply was "only available at a service center "

Soldato
Also an improvement in the audio quality using wired headphones.

Which seems weird, as I thought that the phone didn't have an internal DAC and all audio passed through the USB-C port had to have their own DAC chips in the cables.

What could they have possibly improved unless they had messed something up in the first place.

Soldato
So, turns out the September update broke the proximity sensor for AoD.

Had two phones, one with the latest update and one that was stock. With card placed over the sensors on the stock phone turned off the display as it should, the other one would just dim. I updated the working one to September and lo and behold both exhibit the same issue now.

GG Samsung, you'd think after all the proximity problems with the S10 they'd be wary of breaking it on the Note10 as well.

Soldato
So, turns out the September update broke the proximity sensor for AoD.

Had two phones, one with the latest update and one that was stock. With card placed over the sensors on the stock phone turned off the display as it should, the other one would just dim. I updated the working one to September and lo and behold both exhibit the same issue now.

GG Samsung, you'd think after all the proximity problems with the S10 they'd be wary of breaking it on the Note10 as well.

Have you tried clearing the cache just in case its conflict of some sort ?

Soldato
You mean application cache data under device care?

Just tried that, didn't do anything.

Sorry I meant in recovery mode

1. Turn off phone
2. Press and hold v0l up + power button till phone vibrates release buttons.
3. Scroll till you find clear cache(using vol up/dwn to scroll and power button to select) and press clear
4. Scroll back to reboot

If doesn't fix it I log a bug with Samsung member's app

Soldato
Sorry I meant in recovery mode

1. Turn off phone
2. Press and hold v0l up + power button till phone vibrates release buttons.
3. Scroll till you find clear cache(using vol up/dwn to scroll and power button to select) and press clear
4. Scroll back to reboot

If doesn't fix it I log a bug with Samsung member's app

That makes more sense. Gave it a go and still nothing, yeah.

Transmission breaker
Don
Battery life is not impressing me at the moment, my note 10 is lucky to last a day without a couple of injections of juice.
Is there any sort of guide to improve it?
Came from a note8, and it’s battery life is worse as far as I can tell!

Soldato
Battery life is not impressing me at the moment, my note 10 is lucky to last a day without a couple of injections of juice.

What are your battery stats as in : SOT and app usage etc

Associate
Disabling Wifi & Bluetooth scanning made a huge difference for me. Also switching everything to dark/night mode, in the os & apps.

Caporegime
My Note 8 had a great battery, easily managing 4-8 hours of SoT. My Note 9 has never topped 5 hours (not entirely sure it's broken 4 hours :rolleyes::o:p), though it typically does have a better standby time and will last me the day. Every major Android update doesn't seem to improve it (usually the same or actually worse). I wonder if the SoC (SnapDragon vs Exynos) issue a couple of generations back still plays a part?

Disabling Wifi & Bluetooth scanning made a huge difference for me.
Can you point to the setting exactly please? Assume you can turn this on and off on a Note 9 as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
My Note 8 had a great battery, easily managing 4-8 hours of SoT. My Note 9 has never topped 5 hours (not entirely sure it's broken 4 hours :rolleyes::o:p), though it typically does have a better standby time and will last me the day. Every major Android update doesn't seem to improve it (usually the same or actually worse). I wonder if the SoC (SnapDragon vs Exynos) issue a couple of generations back still plays a part?

Can you point to the setting exactly please? Assume you can turn this on and off on a Note 9 as well.

Settings > bio-metrics and security > location(near bottom) > improve accuracy > turn off scanning for wifi + Bluetooth

Same for Note 9

Back
Top Bottom