• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
Looks nice!
But I've had 2 sections AIO... And I've had to remake it to 3 section 420mm radiator for lower temps and no noise (2090Mhz and 1218mv).

Associate
Yeah love it now since its so silent and cool, Radeon VII amazing card for my usage along with TR 1950X, monster workstation and runs games very well @ 4k.
Looking good!
Just one thing of note. The current drivers are broken! OK upto 19.7.5 and then the core clock refuses to alter in wattman. as in it just does nothing. I run 1900mhz@1000mv 1140HBM on 19.7.5 fine, and it just doesn't happen on newer drivers. My brother has the same too with this VII. I've reported the issue to AMD so fingers crossed it gets sorted in the next driver! Even using afterburner it can't alter clocks either. the HBM isn't affect though.

Associate
I would love to use afterburner only, but i have noticed that you get just black screen if you start overvolting and upping clocks, wattman works fine tho, is it common bug on afterburner?

Associate
I use afterburner. Black screen looks like a driver crash or card failure. I've never had it in afterburner.
I would love to use afterburner only, but i have noticed that you get just black screen if you start overvolting and upping clocks, wattman works fine tho, is it common bug on afterburner?
I only tried afterburner to check it was a driver issue with the clocks. And it is. Even afterburner can't change them after 19.7.5. I've stuck to wattman and had good results up until this driver issue.

Associate
I haven't really. I get artifacts and glitching if I even move the memory higher than stock so I gave up lol! The black screens are from pushing the core clock.

I bought it B grade so I guess it might have returned due to the lack on HBM headroom...
Between myself and my brothers card, we are using 1130/1140 HBM as it uses too much of the power budget to get further.
What's your default voltage on that card? I have a low voltage card 1060-1063mv.

Associate
Between myself and my brothers card, we are using 1130/1140 HBM as it uses too much of the power budget to get further.
What's your default voltage on that card? I have a low voltage card 1060-1063mv.

1082mv. UV'ed to 983mv at stock core mem speeds.

TBH, I sorely tempted to massively overhaul my system and get both the cpu and vii back under water so I can properly play with OC'ing both. Will have finish playing Witcher 3 before I do though. :D looks good in 4k :D:D

Soldato
Guys,

Uninstall MSI AB 1st (save your profiles)
Then uninstall Radeon Drivers
Reboot
Then go to AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.X.X\Bin64\ (where ever you uninstall the driver to...Usually C drive)
Click on: AMDCleanupUtility.exe
It will reboot PC into Safe Mode for you then clean drivers.
It will then reboot back to desktop.
Install 19.9.2
Then Reinstall MSI AB

See if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom