• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
going to reserve judgement until i see one in the flesh.. from the keynote and pictures the camera cluster is just ugly. No reason to upgrade from an X just yet me thinks

I swear I must use my phone differently to everyone else, do people honestly spend so much time staring at the back of their phone? Couldn’t give a toss what the camera array looks like

Pop up Face ID like on the OnePlus Pro 7.
Fine for the odd selfie, ridiculous solution for something used as often as authentication.

Soldato
I swear I must use my phone differently to everyone else, do people honestly spend so much time staring at the back of their phone? Couldn’t give a toss what the camera array looks like

Fine for the odd selfie, ridiculous solution for something used as often as authentication.

Not at all. It’s faster than the iPhone X and the screen is so much better at 90hz.

Associate
Do people still compare android front cameras for id with face id?:rolleyes: Seriously?

You know that you can hack majority of them with video or photo that's why take small space on the phone and are quicker?= unusable for secure identification

Associate
I use the onscreen fingerprint but a screen without a notch and Face ID can be done, that’s my point.
I would be thinking it might be smaller as it's like 3 year old tech already. Doubt it can be completely removed without putting it under the screen. None other phone has this tech so comparisons are pointless that other phones don't have notch

Last edited:
Associate
Do people still compare android front cameras for id with face id?:rolleyes: Seriously?

You know that you can hack majority of them with video or photo that's why take small space on the phone and are quicker?= unusable for secure identification

He's not comparing android cameras against faceID. He's saying the same solution of a pop up system can be used.

It's a huge notch and it could be reduced, Apple have been very lazy with their engineering on this release, they've pretty much just rehashed the exact same design as last year waiting for the usual suckers to lap it up and preorder whilst sticking a fidget spinner on the back of the 'Pro' model :D

Associate
He's not comparing android cameras against faceID. He's saying the same solution of a pop up system can be used.

It's a huge notch and it could be reduced, Apple have been very lazy with their engineering on this release, they've pretty much just rehashed the exact same design as last year waiting for the usual suckers to lap it up and preorder whilst sticking a fidget spinner on the back of the 'Pro' model :D
So you would have much bigger pop up camera, slower because of that and you have to remember how and where you place it to leave space for pop up?:eek:

Soldato
Please explain how they can easily shrink the Face ID components? I’m not an electronic engineer but if you are do explain.

Those sorts of comments really grind my gears :rolleyes:

People have been moaning for years that it’s too thin and would like more battery. They make the phone bigger and put a bigger battery in and you complain. The camera bump is also way smaller than previous years due to the thicker design.

You think over 2 years they have not managed to reduce the footprint of the Face ID hardware? Of course they are able to. It started life as the Kinect for god sake, they’re simply being tight and not updating the design.

Others may have been asking for a thicker phone but I certainly have not. I was using a 6S the other day and it feels far more impressive than the brick that my X feels. They need to get back to that design philosophy!

Associate
So you would have much bigger pop up camera, slower because of that and you have to remember how and where you place it to leave space for pop up?:eek:

You don't even need to make it a pop-up solution. They can just reduce the notch.

The electronics solution is there, they just didnt bother. Got to save something for next years release....

Last edited:
Soldato
You think over 2 years they have not managed to reduce the footprint of the Face ID hardware? Of course they are able to. It started life as the Kinect for god sake, they’re simply being tight and not updating the design.

No armchair engineering at all then?

if you don’t like the design just say it, suggesting they are leaving the notch bigger than it needs to be is just nonsense.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The wife and I are on the upgrade program so we will get one but I want to see the new green colour in the flesh first.

I’ll only consider 256GB at a minimum, though. I like to take a lot of photos and video and when travelling I also download tv/films on to the device to watch offline.

Soldato
I am an electrical engineer and qualified accountant actually. So reasonably clued up on both the implementation and financial feasibility.
An electrical engineer in the field of bleeding edge hardware? Not saying you don’t know your stuff - but still. You aren’t exactly a team of hundreds who work on this stuff daily? Not saying people are totally wrong, but it’s easy to sit back and pick when you’re not the one delivering hundreds of millions of handsets.

Back
Top Bottom