• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
PBO on or off?

In theory I'm thinking even with PBO off, the CPU's should hit their rated speeds right?

This is with PBO on. I've hit 4.6 with it off but never hit it with PBO on (6 of the 8 cores have hit it now before the update two were close and the other 6 a little further off.

It's made difference for sure.

I also had some volt issues which it has fixed.

Caporegime
Only one example but it is nice to see. Hopefully this update rolls out to X370 boards too.

It is, he also didn't give any other examples like it, turn time in CIV is entirely different i don't know why they insist on using that as a "gaming benchmark", that's not too dissimilar to saying SuperPI is a gaming benchmark.

I do agree this is NOT representative of overall gaming performance, its just one game, i'll wait for a more thorough review to surface, this was something thrown together to get the first views and clicks.

This will be available for all motherboards as its a CPU fix, just like Destiny 2.

Soldato
I have a bit of a noob question as it's been years since I last built a computer and probably used VGA cables.

I've got a Rog strix E board with a 3600, all built up with a 970 Evo M2 drive.
It starts up but can't get anything to display on the screen. It started off with a D9 code I think so I removed the graphics card, then it went to AE but I've since done a clear CMOS and it's now showing code 02.
Any help on getting my display up?

Associate
It is, he also didn't give any other examples like it, turn time in CIV is entirely different i don't know why they insist on using that as a "gaming benchmark", that's not too dissimilar to saying SuperPI is a gaming benchmark.

I do agree this is NOT representative of overall gaming performance, its just one game, i'll wait for a more thorough review to surface, this was something thrown together to get the first views and clicks.

This will be available for all motherboards as its a CPU fix, just like Destiny 2.

under PBO it is quicker,.max speeds manulally OCing no change. R20 on PBO gave me an extra 150-200 on default PBO.

Associate
Installed BIOS ABB for ASUS Prime X470, All seems good whilst I wait for ABBA. idle temps have dropped to 31 degrees even with chrome etc so that's a good improvement and cinebench R15 of 2148 and 200 pretty happy with all that. (3700X)

I will say again, these are cracking chips and I couldn't be happier with my current setup.

Soldato
Pretty much all setup now and still need to adjust my RAM to suit.
This is a pretty quick machine now coming from a i5-2500k

The setup is:

Ryzen 3600
Asus X570 Rog Strix E
BeQuiet dark rock pro 4
2 x 16Gb Crucial Ballistix
1TB 970 Evo M2 NVME drive
Saphire Pulse Vega 56

In ryzen master, It looks like it is idling and sleeping as it should on the available BIOS for the motherboard. Idle temps look to be 28.5 just now.

Back
Top Bottom