World of Warcraft: Classic

Associate
I rolled a Horde Shammy on Gehennas, and as much as I'm loving treading the path of 15 years ago I'm getting sick of the queues. If I forget to remotely log in around half 2 while I'm at work then by the time I get home there's a minimum 3 hour wait! Bit lonely on there as well as none of my mates have decided to jump back in.

I've now rolled a Gnome Mage on Firelash called Lofty, so if anyone could be kind enough to invite me to a guild for a bit of company I'd be made up :)

Absolutely loving it so far, so many memories and so many things I'd forgot about. Great sense of community so far with the fly by buffs and heals etc. I don't have the same amount of time to sink into it as I did back then - saw the sun come up on far too many occasions at the end of a session, but I'm enjoying the more relaxed pace rather the the rush to 60.

Soldato
OP
I rolled a Horde Shammy on Gehennas, and as much as I'm loving treading the path of 15 years ago I'm getting sick of the queues. If I forget to remotely log in around half 2 while I'm at work then by the time I get home there's a minimum 3 hour wait! Bit lonely on there as well as none of my mates have decided to jump back in.

I've now rolled a Gnome Mage on Firelash called Lofty, so if anyone could be kind enough to invite me to a guild for a bit of company I'd be made up :)

Absolutely loving it so far, so many memories and so many things I'd forgot about. Great sense of community so far with the fly by buffs and heals etc. I don't have the same amount of time to sink into it as I did back then - saw the sun come up on far too many occasions at the end of a session, but I'm enjoying the more relaxed pace rather the the rush to 60.

I've been taking my sweet time, I've also gotten a alt addiction it seems!

FKjnfC7
FKjnfC7.png

Associate
I've been taking my sweet time, I've also gotten a alt addiction it seems!

FKjnfC7

I've never actually played as Alliance so its kinda like a whole new game on this Gnome. I used to have a LOT of alts back in the day but I can't see me having the time to sink into that anymore. One or two should be more than enough.

Skip forward 6 months and I'll probably have 1 of each class though, haha!

Soldato
OP
I've never actually played as Alliance so its kinda like a whole new game on this Gnome. I used to have a LOT of alts back in the day but I can't see me having the time to sink into that anymore. One or two should be more than enough.

Skip forward 6 months and I'll probably have 1 of each class though, haha!

My thought process behind it is, I've got this month off, so it's a good time to make all the alts to the point they are getting their core class abilities. So when I'm back at work, I can alter between them to keep it feeling fresh. I too have never played alliance though, and it is really tempting, however none of my friends over here play Alliance so I'll have no one to group with.

That and I've got 40g spread over all my alts already through professions and stuff and getting some good early on sales on the AH. Would be annoying starting all of that over again lol.

Soldato
Well I was in my mid 30's when the original came out and I quit before TBC simply because I could see it would be consuming too much time. Ran a few MCs and Onxyia but a guild full of students never understood why I couldn't be there all the time so I left.

I just hope they keep it in this state and don't start to tinker with it. I can't wait for the battlegrounds honour system released. Just taking my time and dipping in for 2-3 hours 5 days a week, loving it.

Played the modern version on trial a couple of years ago and I couldn't believe what it had turned in to - it was awful. How anyone could play it after vanilla I don't know.

I also doubt this would have come back if it had not been for the work of the private servers - I think a nod has to go to them.

Last edited:
Associate
Had great fun on this game tonight, one of our guild members, paladin lvl 26 needed a hammer from shadow fang keep, deep in horde territory.

So myself a level 26 rogue and the guild leader level 24 mage decided to join him on this quest.

The paladin was already in south shore and got impatient with us coming up from wetlands so he went in alone and was moaning about a gank squad in silver pine.

Meanwhile my guild leader managed to grab two other Players, a level 27 priest and level 24 warlock.

On our way north we kept running into horde, none of them decided to fight us though.

It was funny watching low level horde players seeing us come down the road and getting out our way, luckily the high level skull players were on their own and let us be.

The paladin meanwhile was getting corpse camped by 3 horde players, two high teens and one low 20’s. he spawned when we were about 90 seconds away and was holding them off, he fell just before we got there but we avenged him-good and proper :).

The priest rezzed him and we all healed up and headed to the dungeon.

There were group of horde players by the dungeon waiting for groups and it was tense whether they would attack or not.

There were about 8 of them on bridge at the entrance and we must have taken by surprise because they did not engage us before we got into he dungeon. The tension was great though, so much fun.

SFK is really good for skinning, excellent in fact. Also I got really lucky with drops, being the only rogue I got dibs on the daggers. The meteor shard dropped on the final boss too, so a worthwhile adventure.

Really enjoy playing the rogue, keep mixing up duel daggers and dagger and sword. I love the ambush ability and can strike for 450 now.

Can see why some many people loved this game when it came out.

Soldato
They nearly had a perfect game with classic and TBC - some issues around casual vs hardcore progression admitted and I’m not sure what the answer is, but Retail WoW is just a random dungeon simulator.
It’s got no “feeling” to it at all

Soldato
I'm out at 38 as sp. Simply taking up too much time, and whilst it's still fun to play, it's not the same as it was back when it was all fresh.

Come on. Taking too much time? You can logout and come back 3 days later with a bar of rested xp. One dungeon run and you have levelled.

Play sterile retail and you can run a dungeon in 30 minutes sounds more up your street.

Soldato
Come on. Taking too much time? You can logout and come back 3 days later with a bar of rested xp. One dungeon run and you have levelled.

Play sterile retail and you can run a dungeon in 30 minutes sounds more up your street.

We have a large guild on Firemaw (200+) We should be doing our first Molten Core run soon.

Give us a shout on Discord if you're interested https://discord.gg/s2uArDN

Caporegime
We have a large guild on Firemaw (200+) We should be doing our first Molten Core run soon.

Give us a shout on Discord if you're interested https://discord.gg/s2uArDN
Think you quoted the wrong person there ;)

I'm still only level 21, I don't care all that much about rushing to 60, last night I spent the majority of the night helping a friend in Dun Morogh, he was level 7 when I joined him and another friend (level 14) joined in and we just blasted him through everything. I've known these guys for ages, and as a group we tend to go to the lowest level and help them out. That's what it's all about for us, enjoying the game together. We'll get to 60 eventually but we're in no rush.

Soldato
Think you quoted the wrong person there ;)

I'm still only level 21, I don't care all that much about rushing to 60, last night I spent the majority of the night helping a friend in Dun Morogh, he was level 7 when I joined him and another friend (level 14) joined in and we just blasted him through everything. I've known these guys for ages, and as a group we tend to go to the lowest level and help them out. That's what it's all about for us, enjoying the game together. We'll get to 60 eventually but we're in no rush.

Same, I find the teaming up to do things the best part of the game. Still only 23 but enjoying saving randoms from certain death as a priest.

Caporegime
Same, I find the teaming up to do things the best part of the game. Still only 23 but enjoying saving randoms from certain death as a priest.

It's still so weird playing this game. Last night I teamed up with some randoms in Redridge to do a few of the elite / wanted quests, and I was fully expecting them to go "done" and hearthstone out. We ended up doing all the quests together and even though our group was full, we helped a couple of other parties with the wanted quests too, we just let them tag the boss and then hopped in and tore him a new one. We did this four times, with only one kill counting for us. The community spirit in this game is honestly awesome, retail is dead in comparison.

Soldato

Retails even more boring than running the same content though. Think I've probably just had enough of it from back on release. Don't want to invest the time as it just doesn't feel worthwhile now, which probably goes for a lot of the original players who are now older. There's no defence in saying wow doesn't take huge amounts of time if you want to be competitive either. Levelling is only the start.

Last edited:
Soldato
The nature of many old school wow players is they would want to be as “powerful” as previously .. and for me I don’t have the time in my life to spend 45 mins getting world buffs between every Kel’Thuzzad attempt

Back
Top Bottom