Best 4 Door Coupe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't type for toffee
Don
For the final time; no more ****** financial advice from keyboard warriors.
Post about cars or GTFO

...snip...
If you don’t have any car advice, don’t bother posting. I don’t have time for smart ass keyboard warriors.
The behaviour on this forum is absolutely disgusting. Come back here when you gain some self respect.

Ironic post is ironic.

Wholeheartedly agree with Dis

Mate they're trying to help, a friend of mine was lookin at similar junk, a bottom of the pond grade 0 pov spec merc But ooh add the AMG kit!
seriously what is the point *shrug*

You then say EV dont sit in your 5 year plan and I think I read something about getting shot of it in a few year?
If so have you looked at leasing at all? get a new shiny car, avoid the depreciation, get shot of in a few year

If not leasing at least get something that could be fun.

Soldato
Volvo S60, the petrol T5 version, manual, R-Design. Nice car, get a good deal one a used one. Reliable, tons of safety features.

I still think your a capitalist.

EDIT:

Actually I am not 100% sure they do that version in a manual, and actually, the Volvo S60 manual gearbox isnt amazing anyway.

...and yes, I still think you are a capitalist.

Associate
I can only lol. I can't understand not wanting money advice, car ownership and FINANCING a car IS money advice. Stacks of cash but wants cheap insurance? No mention of mileage, driving done, any other requirements?

Buy a CLA180. Love the badge it wears and do not go into the outside lane on the motorway. Enjoy doing 60. It's a Merc.
Quite funny when one of those lower powered "premium" got scared by a hated french RCZ-R and it's 270hp.
I was on similar situation. If it was to buy a 3 cylinders or a 1.3l engine, would buy a Dacia. Has to be at least a decent engine and few gadgets. No point buying the 1.3 SE manual. Nope.
30k is a good budget, and plenty of options more interesting than the CLA, specially the mentioned engine. The A Class sedan is nicer. So is the A3 salon or the 2 series. And the Stinger is cool. May find a low mileage 3.6 GTS. Sweet looking coupe.

Associate
Not meeting OP requirements but I’d happily Chuck £30k at an Evora. 2 years time get most, if not all, money back too.

Lotus badge don’t get that pussy like Merc do on da ‘gram tho, innit! (I have no idea what I just typed...)

Caporegime
Ignore all the haters OP.

I say you stick that money in something proper, a used Bentley or Range Rover if you're gonna do it properly. Maybe even an Aston if you're really feeling badass.

Caporegime
He wants car advice he says. We gave him some, which he's chosen to ignore. Like many posts like this they just want justification and when they don't get it they get the hump. Let him buy what he likes.

Associate
I just can't understand someone that would drop 30k on a povo spec premium car, why? its not fast, its not cool, its probably not even nice to sit in, its just a 30k washing machine

NVP

NVP

Soldato
He's obviously defensive as he was called out for exaggerating his situation and he has reacted in an arrogant way, but that is youth, I bet the majority of young "high rollers" here were guilty of the same.

Read between the lines and you'll see at the end of the day he's got enough disposable to cover the monthly of a decent loan. The need for low insurance is either a stipulation from mummy and daddy or because he doesn't have enough up front, or simply doesn't think it's worth it - who knows, who cares. We have the requirements.

Fine to tell him it will be a waste of money on such a car, good to advise on different routes or finance options etc. Even better to suggest appropriate cars for a better budget.

Anything else is just as arrogant.

Associate
OP
He's obviously defensive as he was called out for exaggerating his situation and he has reacted in an arrogant way, but that is youth, I bet the majority of young "high rollers" here were guilty of the same.

Read between the lines and you'll see at the end of the day he's got enough disposable to cover the monthly of a decent loan. The need for low insurance is either a stipulation from mummy and daddy or because he doesn't have enough up front, or simply doesn't think it's worth it - who knows, who cares. We have the requirements.

Fine to tell him it will be a waste of money on such a car, good to advise on different routes or finance options etc. Even better to suggest appropriate cars for a better budget.

Anything else is just as arrogant.

i have the money for insurance i just dont believe 4k on insurance is something ill ever get back

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I just can't understand someone that would drop 30k on a povo spec premium car, why? its not fast, its not cool, its probably not even nice to sit in, its just a 30k washing machine
Did you not see how many old A and B classes used to be on the road??? That's the majority of car owners :p To be fair, same with the new A and B but they included the younger versions of those owners too

Associate
OP
Nor is £30,000 on a bottom of the range Merc

well depreciation is going to be around 20k so i would only lose 10k after a few years... still better than some cars.

again i am not concrete on the CLA i am literally asking for advice on more models as i dont know what to research, thankfully some users like @NVP actually contribtue and provide reasonable suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom