LG 38GL950G vs AW3148DW

Associate
Hi

I know this is not really a fair comparison as the LG is going to be much more expensive at launch than the Alienware.

Is there likely to be much difference in terms of clarity and quality of image between these two (to the average bod sitting at a desk - not through some fancy calibration gubbins)?

Budget is not really an issue but equally there's no point in spending cash just for the sake of it.

I spend a lot of time at my PC but I don't game competitively so I wont be worried about 'ghosting' etc cos I'm not that fast that I would worry about it!

However I do game and work a lot so image quality is important to me (also build quality which I know I'd get with the Alienware).

Chris.

Soldato
No, they will be the same PPI, so in terms of sharpness, the two differing resolutions will appear the same when sitting distance is equal. I suspect the LG might have the edge in 'quality' with their newer panel, but we'll see in reviews. Both are IPS though, so shouldn't suffer from ghosting, and IPS is also great for work and image quality. We really don't know how good (or bad) the LG will be yet, but worth waiting unless you need a monitor now. We don't even have a confirmed release date for the LG in UK yet. I think many were expecting September, but I've seen rumours of November now.

Associate
OP
Thanks Legend
I wont be buying 'till the back-end of November and I'm guessing it should be out by then - I'll await the release with interest!

Soldato
totally difference price points if you can get a good deal on the AW.

I just sold one on the MM for £575 (basically new). The LG is retailing for £1,500+

Back
Top Bottom