Borderlands 3

Soldato
Is the gameplay as fun as it looks; Never played BL before but I've been watching streams and it looks amazing.

How is the replayability on this game; Does it have any endgame or you just reroll another character when the campaign is over;

BL is an incredibly fun game, with bags of content and some of the best end game out there which is why thousands and thousands still play BL1 and BL2 today. World bosses, Vault Hunter and Ultimate Vault Hunter playthroughs, endless loot, different characters etc...it goes on and on.

Associate
Thanks. Bought it from Voidu, with the discount code posted here, recieved my key instantly.

Now I gotta wait to get back home from work and download it. I hope it will run on my ageing PC.

Soldato
Is the gameplay as fun as it looks; Never played BL before but I've been watching streams and it looks amazing.

How is the replayability on this game; Does it have any endgame or you just reroll another character when the campaign is over;

Yes it's super fun, especially if you play with friends. Yes it has an endgame, some extra bosses at the end and you can keep getting better gear + 4 different DLC packs coming that will add more bosses and loot.

Soldato
Hi there, if you don't mind me asking, what benefits are there with Direct X 12 enabled or what is the difference between Direct X 11 and Direct X 12 other than your game crashes? thank you.

Taken from pcgamer article.

"Second, DX12 mode somehow causes the intro videos to stall, delaying the trip to the main menu by as much as 2-3 minutes. These are bugs that can be fixed, but right now both make DX11 better. But there's a third concern.

DX12 performance is a little lower on AMD GPUs, on average, than when running DX11. DX12 mode is faster at the low and medium quality presets, but also drops to lower minimum framerates than DX11, while at high and ultra, DX11 is faster outright. Meanwhile on Nvidia GPUs, running in DX12 mode limited the framerate to 120 fps for some reason, even with vsync disabled."

Soldato
early days, writing is a bit hit and miss, terrible claptrap impersonator is annoying, but the maps and gameplay are great so happy days. It's all about the guns for me but still no good guns which is a bit ****.

Man of Honour
I must not have paid attention over the years because if I hadnt read in this thread that it was a different voice actor for claptrap I honestly would not have even noticed

Soldato
Ryzen 2600 @4.3
2560x1440 gsync monitor
EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti @ 2050/8000 with 436.60 driver

DX11 badass preset - 83.05fps
DX12 badass preset - 87.43fps

DX12 is noticeably smoother and better performance for me, latency drop on CPU side is noticeable (from 12ms to less than 5). Shame it's a bit buggy atm as definitely on AMD CPU's i think DX12 is the better bet.

Soldato
I've been playing with the benchmarking and at 4k at full settings I get 45-50 fps. If I turn off fog and AA I get over 60 fps. I didn't try adjusting foliage detail.

I did discover a nasty bug. BL3 supports multiple displays and if I switch from my 4k 120 Hz screen to my UW both 4k displays get disabled and the 4k 120 Hz can only be re-enabled by unplugging it and plugging it back in. Disabling survives reboots. I've seen this elsewhere so it's not a game bug per se.

Associate

I'm in the same boat, never played a BL game. Watching streams has got me interested.

BL is an incredibly fun game, with bags of content and some of the best end game out there which is why thousands and thousands still play BL1 and BL2 today. World bosses, Vault Hunter and Ultimate Vault Hunter playthroughs, endless loot, different characters etc...it goes on and on.

This has got me hovering over the buy button. £42.69 for game plus DLC good deal?

Associate
I'm in the same boat, never played a BL game. Watching streams has got me interested.

This has got me hovering over the buy button. £42.69 for game plus DLC good deal?
DLC is just a few skins and not the actual DLCs which will be released later. Cheapest option right now for the base game is from Voidu but that offer expires today.

I'm still undecided on which class to play first. They all seem so fun. Might have to take a look at their skill trees before deciding

Caporegime
Am I right in saying that all the skill trees are now separate? So when you get to a higher level and can start putting points into another track, the points from the other track will be redundant as you can only pick one at a time? That sounds crap. (The only exception being Zane who can have two at once.)

Associate
DLC is just a few skins and not the actual DLCs which will be released later. Cheapest option right now for the base game is from Voidu but that offer expires today.

I'm still undecided on which class to play first. They all seem so fun. Might have to take a look at their skill trees before deciding

Already bought it now :D

Soldato
Annoying crashing now. To be expected on launch, which is why I normally do not get games on launch. Made an exception for BL3, still worth it. Up til 3:30 playing and then didn't make it in to work, back to Zane!

Back
Top Bottom