• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
The idea that we're all better engineers than apple and of course they can get rid of this and that is hilarious. Of course the notch will go over time but right now its the best they can do with the tech that needs to be there for face id, same with the camera "bulge" The cynicism level is too high.

This years phone is not a major upgrade for sure for the Xs or the X but its still a nice phone.

Soldato
No armchair engineering at all then?

if you don’t like the design just say it, suggesting they are leaving the notch bigger than it needs to be is just nonsense.

The notch, like the camera bump is a design born from Apple’s desire to churn as much additional revenue as possible.

The notch is instantly recognisable as an iPhone so of course they’re dragging there heels to shrink it. They’ll have to implement a new unique from to the phone come next year to ensure it stands out, they won’t simply make it generic looking.

The camera bump again is a clear decision by Apple to forceably increase case sales. They could quite easily remove the bump if they were so inclined.

Soldato
The notch, like the camera bump is a design born from Apple’s desire to churn as much additional revenue as possible.

The notch is instantly recognisable as an iPhone so of course they’re dragging there heels to shrink it. They’ll have to implement a new unique from to the phone come next year to ensure it stands out, they won’t simply make it generic looking.

The camera bump again is a clear decision by Apple to forceably increase case sales. They could quite easily remove the bump if they were so inclined.

Genuinely interested, is there a phone with better or the same camera optics thats thinner than the "overbump" width of the 11?

Soldato

:rolleyes: Are you serious or trolling? I can’t decide. I don’t even know where to start other than everything you have just posted it is complete and utter nonsense.

A few posts ago you said you didn’t want a thicker phone, a thicker phone is the only way to remove the bump. Then you complain that Apple keeps the bump so they can sell more cases. You also ignore that a case pretty much became mandatory since the iPhone 4 (which didn’t have a bump) because a fully glass Will smash if you drop it on a hard surface bump or no bump.

The other way to shrink the bump is to remove the stuff that sits on top of it in the phone, the only thing that is there is the screen. Removing that would make a rather unsightly notch....

We are still waiting for you to explain how they can miniaturise the notch electronics further while keeping the cost the same (or less) and being able to manufacture a few million units per week.

Associate
“The camera bump again is a clear decision by Apple to forceably increase case sales. ”
sIYsN4x.png
Lmao...okay.

Swiftly moving on.

How many of you fellow moaners, will actually end up preordering today? :p

I won’t be I’m more curious to see reviews next week.
My 7 will be sticking around longer based off that price alone.

Soldato
In a sense if you look at it as going from OLED to LCD screens then yes it is. However in real-world use I doubt many people would honestly care. However there isn't really any benefit to doing so other than battery life and getting a larger phone without going as large as the Max.

Soldato
Am still in 2 minds. Currently have a xs max if I was going to preorder I be getting the 11 pro not a max as I miss the smallness off the standard size for pockets.

Associate
I do like it but I borrowed the phone from my brother who got 2, I sold my iPhone xs max 2 weeks ago to maximise resale value then upgrade to the new one when it's out. Although I do really like the note 10 now too!

Back
Top Bottom