** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Just a shame about the very poor contrast ratio and rather high black depth...... given that I am already extremely sensitive to this and blacks in general, this is going to be no good.
Then you are not allowed to use IPS at all.

The contrast of the LG is slightly below average, but whether ~850:1 or 1000:1 +- makes no difference, you would have to look for it with the magnifying glass.
Especially since one has to say that the 950G and F was only roughly at 850:1 in tests, but users have measured 1000:1+ at theirs.
Black values are IPS typical, so there are no huge differences, especially if you use more than 120Nits.

The advantage of the LG I see simply in the switching times, most are not good under 100Hz with Freesync, the LG already.
And at the coating, which is so bad with many straight Acer and Asus that it brings ne blurred with itself.
And if LG uses their tried and tested then this is good, first reports are already positive compared to the others.

Whether that is true or not is something you have to see.

V F

V F

Soldato
Then you are not allowed to use IPS at all.

The contrast of the LG is slightly below average, but whether ~850:1 or 1000:1 +- makes no difference, you would have to look for it with the magnifying glass.
Especially since one has to say that the 950G and F was only roughly at 850:1 in tests, but users have measured 1000:1+ at theirs.
Black values are IPS typical, so there are no huge differences, especially if you use more than 120Nits.

The advantage of the LG I see simply in the switching times, most are not good under 100Hz with Freesync, the LG already.
And at the coating, which is so bad with many straight Acer and Asus that it brings ne blurred with itself.
And if LG uses their tried and tested then this is good, first reports are already positive compared to the others.

Whether that is true or not is something you have to see.

Is the LG coating grainy?

Associate
Sorry for the long wait for a response. Had to take some time off to look after the kids in the Summer hols!

Should have some more info for you next week. I'll post here as soon as i have it!

Hope you're still alive and have an update soon. Coming up on two weeks sorry I'm really impatient

Associate
Don’t think it’s being impatient to ask for an update on something a bunch of us paid for 2 and a half months ago.

especially when there was meant to be an update last week

si-

si-

Associate
Personally I think people have been very patient to this point, but this has dragged on for far too long now. Can we have that update please with concrete info on who will be in the next batch and when they'll be receiving them?

Associate
Imagine getting a faulty one after all this wait and having to wait for the next batch for a replacement... Yikes.

I'd also like to know when this is going to be available, my DELL from 2011 isn't cutting it any more :(

Associate
After lengthy searches and indecisions I'll probably buy this monitor but will wait until they are in stock (could be ages).

I just can't do the 'Pre-Order' thing as I'm just too impatient. So I really feel for you guys who have pre-ordered this monitor and still waiting.

To be fair to Overclockers - they can't be sure when the monitors are going to come in until they are on their way most likely.

Hopefully we'll get some good news close to the end of September.

Associate
I think it's more that this monitor has an excellent price/performance ratio.

The biggest downside is the sub-par contrast, which yes it could be a little better but if you're that susceptible to it you shouldn't be looking at IPS panels to begin with.

Associate
End of September(ish) and then another week to get them all out to people with a chance that if you pre-ordered late you won't be on that specific batch but the next one

Yikes

Associate
Just talked to customer service and while the date is still vague "around end of this month to first week of October" everyone who has ordered except those in the last 2 days will receive theirs. Let's just hope we don't get defective ones

Back
Top Bottom