What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
I just wanted to get to the pub :p
Translated as:

"Rotty dropped £5k on a quartz watch, basically the biggest horological crime among watch aficionados, in order so that he could get to the pub quicker".

Likely (thought I may be wrong) most expensive round of drinks you've ever bought then... £500 per glass. A sobering thought if ever I read one. :eek:

Soldato
i'm 40 and haven't worn a watch in many years. probably since i was a teen.

i just use my phone.

watches irritate anyhow.

Not as irritating as people who don't wear a watch and who then proceed to pull a large phone out of their pocket to check the time. It's especially irritating in meetings. A quick, crafty glance at the wrist is far easier and will not lead to a black mark against your name.

Caporegime
Not as irritating as people who don't wear a watch and who then proceed to pull a large phone out of their pocket to check the time. It's especially irritating in meetings. A quick, crafty glance at the wrist is far easier and will not lead to a black mark against your name.
It's pretty normal to pull out phones during meetings in most large companies now to check emails/messages regardless of if you have a watch or not.

Soldato
70372458_145667573306403_2721448128332716779_n.jpg

Thought I'd give it a run out... bracelet was perfect size, so thought why not try it out before I sell it on. Man it's beautiful. The level of detail is seriously impressive for a watch at this price. Putting it up for 699EUR, and anything you can get around that just doesn't come close in terms of quality. I am more than suitably impressed. Now, don't get attached Ross...

alx

alx

Soldato
70372458_145667573306403_2721448128332716779_n.jpg

Thought I'd give it a run out... bracelet was perfect size, so thought why not try it out before I sell it on. Man it's beautiful. The level of detail is seriously impressive for a watch at this price. Putting it up for 699EUR, and anything you can get around that just doesn't come close in terms of quality. I am more than suitably impressed. Now, don't get attached Ross...

Very nice, like that

Soldato
Watch lovers of OcUK, I'm looking to buy myself an Orient Ray II to wear as my daily driver to replace my Tissot touch classic (which was my wedding present from my wife, want to keep it 'nice' as a memento so want to wear it less now)

Question: opinions on which variant to get style wise? I'm leaning towards the Raven and putting it on a dark/black NATO, but wondering if you think it's worth the premium over the other options (not necessarily going to buy from Amazon).

Any other options I'm overlooking in the sub-£150 price point for something like this? I know the standard response would be 'Seiko SKX!!!' but they're >£200 and I'm not looking to spend that. Also, any recommendations on best places to buy?

Last edited:

alx

alx

Soldato
Watch lovers of OcUK, I'm looking to buy myself an Orient Ray II to wear as my daily driver to replace my Tissot touch classic (which was my wedding present from my wife, want to keep it 'nice' as a memento so want to wear it less now)

Question: opinions on which variant to get style wise? I'm leaning towards the Raven and putting it on a dark/black NATO, but wondering if you think it's worth the premium over the other options (not necessarily going to buy from Amazon).

Any other options I'm overlooking in the sub-£150 price point for something like this? I know the standard response would be 'Seiko SKX!!!' but they're >£200 and I'm not looking to spend that. Also, any recommendations on best places to buy?

Have you seen the new Orient Kamasu (might struggle to get it under £200) or the Orient Mako II? Sorry if you already have.

I recently bought a Orient Kamasu, and I found generally Orient is the winner in the sub £200 category - hard to beat them for value for money.

This link might also provide some inspiration: https://improb.com/best-affordable-dive-watches-under-300/

I've used Seriouswatches.com before, generally good prices and service.

Soldato
Bunged an old Seiko Titanium Chrono I had lying in a drawer on an old Tissot leather strap (from my touch classic) has scratched the 'something different' itch for now until I can work out what entry level diver I want to buy and where from!

Back
Top Bottom