Ballistix Sport LT Overclocking

Soldato
I've set my DOCP pn and changed my IF to be half, Other than that, I'm a bit scared to change the other settings as I'm not sure if they are worded the same on an asus board.

Man of Honour
ok weekend off = time to play with ram settings even more...lol

so i've managed to get the ram stable at 3800mt/s with a 1900mhz uclk and fclk - ie no dividers... #result #siliconlottery
most importantly...also done with geardownmode = off, and subtimings are set pretty tight too.

also passed aida64 memory stress test overnight (just under 7 hours) :D

qKTeJbs.jpg

Man of Honour
Nice i have mine stable with same settings
what are your subtimings? just curious to see if i can push mine a bit more lol :D
i think the biggest surprise for me was being able to run 3800 1T GDM=off, from what i've read, that's an instant 1-3% performance gain compared to 1T GDM=on
#bestvalueramever

Associate
Not sure if i got these timings from here or another forum.

bOhsbuz.jpg
vfHEW0K.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice one Tamzzy! I need to start tinkering with mine but no clue at the minute. I've never done any sort of overclocking in my life so its all new to me.

Man of Honour
Not sure if i got these timings from here or another forum.
ah, basically spitting distance between each other's timings lol

Nice one Tamzzy! I need to start tinkering with mine but no clue at the minute. I've never done any sort of overclocking in my life so its all new to me.
easy does it. don't go over the "safe" safe voltage limits and most things are normally recoverable with a cmos reset.
"safe" safe voltages are:
1.2v for vsoc
1.5v for ram
vddp and vddg (in auto mode) are based off vsoc, so don't worry too much about those

Soldato
ah, basically spitting distance between each other's timings lol

easy does it. don't go over the "safe" safe voltage limits and most things are normally recoverable with a cmos reset.
"safe" safe voltages are:
1.2v for vsoc
1.5v for ram
vddp and vddg (in auto mode) are based off vsoc, so don't worry too much about those

Thanks! Will keep it all in mind!

Soldato
Anyone using an Asus motherboard with this and give some pointers where to locate all the settings which tamzzy recommended.
Just tried testing my IF speed at 1900 and it's a no go. It just boot loops then hangs.

Soldato
1900 is an oc for the infinity fabric, not all chips can do it
just stick with 1800, don't really gain/lose much tbh...

Yeah, I remember seeing a post on here somewhere stating to set it to 1900 first to see if it will work then go from there.
Not had time to mess about yet. Been transferring files to my new data drives. I'll maybe get a go at it tomorrow.

Associate
Hey, so I found this this topic while on a google search, figured I would share my own results and maybe get some feedback.

So i've played around with my RAM (16gb (2x8) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K8G4D32AESEK 3200 MHz (got the Red ones because they were cheaper xD)), I have a Ryzen 2700x on a Rog Strix B450-F Gaming mobo. And I could get it to boot at 3600mhz, but it would get errors during testing. Even with pretty loose timings. I heard tighter timings is better for the 2000 series of Ryzen, so I decided to just focus on that at 3200mhz at 1.35v.

jGBiWw.jpg

I cannot lower the tRCDRD, I tried, even bumped the voltage up to 1.45. It dont want. xD I tested this over night (which for me was like 6 hours) with Memtest, no errors. I tried tCL 13, ran a quick test, no issues. But my PC felt... off so I but it back to 14. RAM timings make my head hurt. Thoughts?

Soldato
So I managed to play about with some settings for an hour and stillcouldn't get IF to run 1900 but it will at 1867 (setting on the Asus board).
I then done as suggested by Tamzzy below:
1) enable xmp/docp
2) set soc voltage to 1.1v
3) set memory voltage to 1.4v
4) set vtt to 0.7v
5) set memory multi to 36x
6) set infinity fabric to 1800

This seemed happy here but was showing as Cas 22? I assume because nothing else was changed?

When I get more time I'll try plugging in settings others have on the thread and see what's what.

Back
Top Bottom