• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Mines completley silent, you don't have Mafia 2 to check that it works do you? :p

I don't chap sorry.
I have had this card less than a week and the one thing I've learnt is I am not as much of an enthusiast as I used to be. With all the issues this card has with the drivers, some experienced by me, some not, and now the noise it's making I'm already prepared to throw the towel in and go back to team green. I might lose a little power going to a 2060 Super but it's worth the trade off I think to just have a stable system

Associate
I don't chap sorry.
I have had this card less than a week and the one thing I've learnt is I am not as much of an enthusiast as I used to be. With all the issues this card has with the drivers, some experienced by me, some not, and now the noise it's making I'm already prepared to throw the towel in and go back to team green. I might lose a little power going to a 2060 Super but it's worth the trade off I think to just have a stable system

I also had issue with reference. But after BIOS update I haven't noticed it. Maybe need good gaming session crease it out. Mines was only new build.

https://vimeo.com/352166491

Soldato
I don't chap sorry.
you tried both bios's? I'm running silent bios and it's great

Associate
I've tried them both. I have no issues with the fan noise, it's brilliant, temps are great, I really like it but this electrical noise is driving me nuts. I'm watching gpu usage, it's at 2.4 on desktop. I open my browser and as I move the mouse over bookmarks on my favourite bar the gpu usage goes up and down slightly as I pass over each one. Only slightly. But, also as I pass over each one, the gpu makes an electrical hiss. It's the same as scrolling my browser up and down. It's not very loud, but I've heard it now and I've pointed it out to a friend who struggled to hear it start with but can now hear it every time. It's like having a dead pixel, you can't unsee it.

Caporegime
I've tried them both. I have no issues with the fan noise, it's brilliant, temps are great, I really like it but this electrical noise is driving me nuts. I'm watching gpu usage, it's at 2.4 on desktop. I open my browser and as I move the mouse over bookmarks on my favourite bar the gpu usage goes up and down slightly as I pass over each one. Only slightly. But, also as I pass over each one, the gpu makes an electrical hiss. It's the same as scrolling my browser up and down. It's not very loud, but I've heard it now and I've pointed it out to a friend who struggled to hear it start with but can now hear it every time. It's like having a dead pixel, you can't unsee it.
Are you daisy chaining PSU connections?
Does each GPU connection have its own cable coming from the PSU?

Could be a GPU coil whine issue, but could be caused by the PSU too.

Can you try the GPU In a different system? Might help confirm the above.

Associate
Are you daisy chaining PSU connections?
Does each GPU connection have its own cable coming from the PSU?

Could be a GPU coil whine issue, but could be caused by the PSU too.

Can you try the GPU In a different system? Might help confirm the above.

The noise is definitely coming from the GFX card. I have a Superflower 1000W Plat & both connections are being fed by indivual 8 pins straight from the PSU. I have tried all the PCI express cables it came with. The only thing I don't have available to me is another system to try it in. I've disconnected everything other than the bare essentials, I've tried my old seasonic PSU, I've taken each stick of memory out , formatted, no change. Maybe I'm being to noise sensitive, I don't know. All I know is when I stick my old 2060 in it's silent.

Caporegime
The noise is definitely coming from the GFX card. I have a Superflower 1000W Plat & both connections are being fed by indivual 8 pins straight from the PSU. I have tried all the PCI express cables it came with. The only thing I don't have available to me is another system to try it in. I've disconnected everything other than the bare essentials, I've tried my old seasonic PSU, I've taken each stick of memory out , formatted, no change. Maybe I'm being to noise sensitive, I don't know. All I know is when I stick my old 2060 in it's silent.
Sounds like its most likely the GPU then.

I would try and find a game or benchmark or menu screen from one of those apps that causes the loudest possible coilwhine and leave it running that for 12-24 hours. Might cure it.

Associate
Pretty pleased with my Red Devil so far, I can't hear any change in noise (from coils or fans) while moving windows around the desktop; and the Mafia II Prologue appears to be working fine...

RAgtgz1.jpg

Soldato

probably vrm noise, i would rma it.

Associate
Reasons why I love my 5700XT.

1. It’s fast and does what i want it to do at 2k and 4k

2. New tech and yet to be fully taken advantage of in newer games

3. Sharpening (will be good for newer dx12 games that struggle at 4k and just play at 2k)

4. AMD Enchanced Vsync (doesn’t feel there is any lag like with normal vsync on my LG 49” TV)

5. HDR in some games

6. The price was amazing

7. Mainly driver maturity over the next few years.

I love it, do you ?

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry to go off-topic, but I've seen the regular Red Devil include the 3 months FREE Xbox Game Pass. Doesn't the limited edition come with this offer too? If not, is there a particular reason why?

Soldato

I’d agree and say likely coil whine either from the gfx which is very common or the PSU. Although I’ve also known monitors whine as well.

Best to make a paper funnel to listen accurately and 100% verify.

Possibly something in the amd drivers making it work harder when using the browser. Or you just got a card with coil whine issues.

Ive has coil whine issues which drove me insane when running high powered cards so I know the feeling extremely annoying. In the end just watercooled the pc and put it in my storage cupboard. Runs a few degrees hotter but completely inaudible whatever the load or usage.

Associate
Watercooling my 5700xt with Ek block. 24 Idle 47 Load 2250Mhz 900 Mem plays a lot better watercooled.

Very low temps what voltage are you at? Have you tried higher memory speeds? Mine tops out at 911mhz but is almost stable at 980mhz but isn't. You may have better luck with those temps.

Back
Top Bottom