• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Don't know what is going on here but its a nice gain and i'll take it...

jQZ03X2.jpg.png

Lets all contemplate here. TWW2 was one of the few games where the 9900K @5Ghz was beating by a good margin the 3900X & 3800X. The others were Hitman 2 and last Tomb Raider.

In all 3 instances, if IF was running at 1900, the gap between 3900X/3800X and 9900K @ 5Ghz was evaporating to 0%. With the new ABBA AGESA we might see reverse on the performance gap in favour to AMD, if we take into account everything.

And was a serious big gap on those game making the overall scores looking like 6% faster instead of the more normal 2% faster in 1080p gaming, using a 2080Ti.

(the gap is 0 on lesser GPU or higher resolutions).

Soldato
Excellent, the gigabyte x570 Ultra has the abba bios, will be testing that tonight and seeing if the winner takes it all!
Going to have set Everything up in the bois.... Mamma mia here i go again!
Guess I'll have to take a chance, take a chance, take a chance chance, but knowing me, knowing you its the best I can do

Associate
Excellent, the gigabyte x570 Ultra has the abba bios, will be testing that tonight and seeing if the winner takes it all!
Going to have set Everything up in the bois.... Mamma mia here i go again!
Guess I'll have to take a chance, take a chance, take a chance chance, but knowing me, knowing you its the best I can do
I have the ABBA BIOS installed on my X570 Aorus Master. My 3900X has a slightly better boost, much improved idle behaviour and lower voltages under full load.

Edit: RAM timings seem to be borked though. I have mine set as XMP, which is meant to be CL17, but HWInfo is reporting it running at CL18. :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the ABBA BIOS installed on my X570 Aorus Master. My 3900X has a slightly better boost, much improved idle behaviour and lower voltages under full load.

Edit: RAM timings seem to be borked though. I have mine set as XMP, which is meant to be CL17, but HWInfo is reporting it running at CL18. :confused:

It's a bug with Gigabyte starting with ABB, I would've thought Gigabyte would patch it by now. You need to manually set the timings, XMP is borked and only runs even timings.

I'm hoping the BIOS forgetting settings will be fixed as well, main reason why I haven't dropped my Ryzen 3 chip in yet.

Associate
It's a bug with Gigabyte starting with ABB, I would've thought Gigabyte would patch it by now. You need to manually set the timings, XMP is borked and only runs even timings.

I'm hoping the BIOS forgetting settings will be fixed as well, main reason why I haven't dropped my Ryzen 3 chip in yet.
I've set the timings manually now, the problem persists. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Associate
I Can confirm that my 3900x with the new F6a ABBA bios (X570 Gigabyte Aorus Pro) is hitting 4.5 on at least 4cores,

Core #0 is touching 4.55,

Idle temps have dropped as well.

(Edit: Core #5 just topped out @ 4.616.4Ghz (Battlefield V)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom