**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
The OnePlus 7 Pro and P30 Pro are the same cost on Three network : £1255 over 24 months with unlimited data. Makes going for the 1+ a hard choice.

Soldato
The OnePlus 7 Pro and P30 Pro are the same cost on Three network : £1255 over 24 months with unlimited data. Makes going for the 1+ a hard choice.

OnePlus need to be available on more carriers. At the moment, resellers don’t offer them widely so the offers aren’t competitive compared to cut price contracts on bigger name brands.

Soldato
I guess that makes you ask why you would get it on contract? Buy SIM free and get a cheapish SIM?

Not everyone has or wants to pay 700 notes upfront. Equally, reseller discounts allow you to get a phone with a much higher rrp on contract for less money than a oneplus on contract. Since oneplus market themselves as flagships with lower prices, the marketing fails when their prices are the same or greater than other flagships.

Soldato
I guess that makes you ask why you would get it on contract? Buy SIM free and get a cheapish SIM?
I looked at SIM only options and a 20GB data plan costs around £20 per month , so only saving about £70 over 24 months (£3 a month), vs the unlimited data pay monthly plan. So not really worth going that route.

Soldato
I looked at SIM only options and a 20GB data plan costs around £20 per month , so only saving about £70 over 24 months (£3 a month), vs the unlimited data pay monthly plan. So not really worth going that route.

This is assuming you pay £700 for the phone I guess? You can get it quite a bit cheaper though. You also have the flexibility of a different SIM contract. I have an iD mobile at £10 a month for 9gb which would probably be enough for most (and me even)

Soldato
This is assuming you pay £700 for the phone I guess? You can get it quite a bit cheaper though. You also have the flexibility of a different SIM contract. I have an iD mobile at £10 a month for 9gb which would probably be enough for most (and me even)
Thanks for the suggestion - something for me to consider

Soldato
Looks like a waste of time, slightly faster, negligible battery size increase.

The refresh of the non pro looks far better.

The new non-pro makes the pro almost redundant assuming the rumours are true. There’ll be hardly any differences between them.

Soldato
The new non-pro makes the pro almost redundant assuming the rumours are true. There’ll be hardly any differences between them.
Indeed.
The rear camera on the non pro actually looks better. Only 2x zoom vs 3x on the Pro but 12mp, same as the main camera and a wider aperture than the Pro version.
The front camera on the Pro is a pop-up with no notch where the non pro is built into the notch.

Soldato
And people still remember the 7 Pro for its average camera performance when first released, when more recent reviews often have it ahead of Samsung’s offerings. This bodes well for the 7T.

Soldato
Got any links to them reviews mate? Genuinely interested

I’m on my phone so it’s hard to link. GSMArena’s review of the galaxy Note 10+ camera used the Oneplus 7 Pro as a comparison and the reviewer expressed surprise that the OP looked better on many occasions. They are meant to revisit the comparison later.

Also, Phonearena did a blind camera test, in which the Note 10+ came dead last, the Oneplus third (with a respectable score), iPhone XS Max second and the Pixel 3 top.

The trouble is, Oneplus aren’t quite popular enough that review sites will come back to them as much as they would for a bigger brand.

Back
Top Bottom